Problems with colors of vehicles

andymau

i hav installed bike mods but there r only few color combinations for them

such as ducati shows only 8 colors

is there any fixed no. of colors that can be assigned to particular vehicle

if so thn how many and on what factors it depends ?

is there any chance to change those factors if so thn wht programs are needed?

any help would be appreciated

one more thing can i change primary and secondary colors positions on body frame such as i want secondary color to change rim color of my bikes is it possible too if so thn how plz help me..

thanx in advance!!!

i hav installed bike mods but there r only few color combinations for them

such as ducati shows only 8 colors

is there any fixed no. of colors that can be assigned to particular vehicle

if so thn how many and on what factors it depends ?

is there any chance to change those factors if so thn wht programs are needed?

any help would be appreciated

one more thing can i change primary and secondary colors positions on body frame such as i want secondary color to change rim color of my bikes is it possible too if so thn how plz help me..

thanx in advance!!!

If you've already installed bike mods, you may have noticed that some of them came with entries for a file called 'carcols.dat'. This is the file that SA uses to assign & select random vehicle colors. To edit it you need nothing more than Notepad as it's just a text file. You can find the file within the game's Data folder. Just make sure to save a backup somewhere before you start making changes. Once you load it, you'll see the range of colors you can use listed at the top. Be sure to enter colors in pairs, even if it looks like the model only uses one color.

The default for most vehicles is to use 8 different color combos but you can edit the entries to have more or less combos. I've never tried using more than 12... You'll also notice some only have one combo. Most of these can't actually be edited as the colors are fixed in the model and its textures.

What color goes where can only be changed by editing the 3d model of the vehicle. Not something you want to undertake if you have no experience in this area. You might be better off searching for a similar mod that does have different rim colors in this case.

So there ya go - a useful reply... Good luck!

If you've already installed bike mods, you may have noticed that some of them came with entries for a file called 'carcols.dat'. This is the file that SA uses to assign & select random vehicle colors. To edit it you need nothing more than Notepad as it's just a text file. You can find the file within the game's Data folder. Just make sure to save a backup somewhere before you start making changes. Once you load it, you'll see the range of colors you can use listed at the top. Be sure to enter colors in pairs, even if it looks like the model only uses one color.

The default for most vehicles is to use 8 different color combos but you can edit the entries to have more or less combos. I've never tried using more than 12... You'll also notice some only have one combo. Most of these can't actually be edited as the colors are fixed in the model and its textures.

What color goes where can only be changed by editing the 3d model of the vehicle. Not something you want to undertake if you have no experience in this area. You might be better off searching for a similar mod that does have different rim colors in this case.

So there ya go - a useful reply... Good luck!

thanx for reply,

i also searched and got same thing that most of thm support 8 or less colors.

i modified colors by carcols.dat n having fun playing thm

the only problem now is tht my added bikes dont have sound and rest of the thngs r fine and game is also not crashing.