Requesting Advice

ViceCityMobster86

• 4 weeks later...

Advice for what exactly?

Are you saying you're arguing about whether GTA is good or not? Since you haven't gone to far into specifics this is all I can say:

The first GTA was made around '97 I believe, and at the time, it was quite innovative and well made(though I never got my hands on any GTA game til '01 probably). Around '01, when GTA III came along and the III era was born, it blew everyone away and again, at the time, it was unbeatable(in game making aspects). A few more GTA games popped out and as the years went by the next-gen era came up in '08 with IV which got a great response much like it's earlier predecessors. All in all, GTA is a highly respectable game and from a avant-garde game making standpoint, it IS great. Whether you like it or not though, it is still is a subjective manner. So what you like, someone else may not like. GTA is not good or bad, it only is.

Edited by Nate10

It's not all battering old women in the face, GTA Vice City had the best soundtrack of any game ever, showing that Rockstar know exactly the type of music that invokes feelings in people. They manage to portray the chosen decade for their games incredibly well. San Andreas had the whole 90's gang theme going on, Vice City had the 80's, GTA3 had the noughties, and so did GTA4, but to a much better effect than GTA3. The humour is always awesome too, in every GTA game. Even the first 2 had hilarious radio station adverts, which have carried on to this day, as well as the chat radio sations with Lazlow.