Just got max 7....

cwfc_cj

Ok I just got max 7 today...the question now is, what file do I need to edit for the cars? I read somewhere that I have to change the file format, but I need to know the format and the file....I am not really asking alot of help, I just need a little jump start.

Get KAM's I/O Script - Do a google search or find it on gtaforums.com

ok ok....I searched in this forum, and found out Zmodeler....I downloaded it and then found the hotring.dff file in the gta3.img.... What I am have problems with is to resize the hood...I want to make the whole hood be covered... not just the middle....here is a screen shot. (plz note that I have looked and looked for resizing parts.)

post-4452-1151100228_thumb.jpg

I want to make the whole hood be covered... not just the middle....here is a screen shot. (plz note that I have looked and looked for resizing parts.)

Isn't there a tutorial for that? In the help file? It should come withe the program.

And btw harlen, I think he wants to cange the model, not the texture.

Edited by Slayer

oh, i thought he wanted to have the whole bonnet covered and not just a stripe

ok ok I have asked someone to make this in another post but I am trying to do it my self...just right now I am stuck..... here what I am trying to do.....

this is what i am trying to make

post-4452-1151162541_thumb.jpg

this is what happens

post-4452-1151162858_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

HONESTLY YOUR PROBABLY BETTER OFF MAKING

A CAR FROM SCRATCH THE TRYIN TO CHNGE AN EXISTING ONE

GET A FRONT, BACK, SIDE, AND A TOP SHOT

AND WORK WITH THAT

IVE MADE A FEW VEHICLES FOR UT2004

BUT I USED MAYA 5.0

JUST GOT 3DSM 7&8 MYSELF

Dont caps post. its annoying.

just get a mod for a nascar hotring with a single txd hood. then put ur pic on. but ur gunna have to resize ur pic before putting it on. txding cars isnt just putting a pic on a car, then the car has the pic on it. you have to work with it.