How To Mod A Building

CHEW-GUN

OK. I have been doing some modding my self lately, and must I say , I know now what a pain it is, so all of you modders out there- I salute you. Yet o the other side if you are a fanatic, you enjoy it. I know I do. To the point. I was wandering if anyone knows if it is actually possible to change an appearence of one bulding into a totaly different one. I mean I get the modeling ii part, but will the game react to it OK, with no crashes. IF anyone knows and has done things like than, please reply. I've got great modds under way,but aint quite sure if I should keep on modeling.

P.S. If you know any good tools for this kind of mess, give me a tip.

OK. I have been doing some modding my self lately, and must I say , I know now what a pain it is, so all of you modders out there- I salute you. Yet o the other side if you are a fanatic, you enjoy it. I know I do. To the point. I was wandering if anyone knows if it is actually possible to change an appearence of one bulding into a totaly different one. I mean I get the modeling ii part, but will the game react to it OK, with no crashes. IF anyone knows and has done things like than, please reply. I've got great modds under way,but aint quite sure if I should keep on modeling.

P.S. If you know any good tools for this kind of mess, give me a tip.

Sure there is...Modding a buildings appearence is no different than modding a vehicles appearence

The buildings have .dff and .txd files in the img as well

in fact there is a new ford dealership mod on gtagarage.com

Yea, thanx for that, but i'll still have to do some research.

I worked with Zmodeler before, but 3dMAx is kinda complicated, or maybe thats cause i havent used it yet. I have seen it though.

Sure there is...Modding a buildings appearence is no different than modding a vehicles appearence

The buildings have .dff and .txd files in the img as well

in fact there is a new ford dealership mod on gtagarage.com

Thanx for the info. I'll find what I can and maybe soon I'll submit some mods for THE GTA PLACE. This site is my fav so far

I worked with Zmodeler before, but 3dMAx is kinda complicated, or maybe thats cause i havent used it yet. I have seen it though.

Something is only as complex as the instructions written for it...I have proven this every single time regardless of how complex people thought a program was.

I have started breaking down the process for using Zmodeler and when I am done I will post a how to manual....It's going to take me some time though

Edited by tx3000