car name change

Jimbaz06

hi i want to know if anyone can tell me how to change the names of cars to what i want them to be like if i changed the infurnus to a ferrari i want ferrari to come up when i enter the viechle. what tool do i need and is it complicated please help i would be real greatfull :D:D:coolthumbup:

get a gxt editor and edit infernus to ferrari or whatever car name you want to change.

That is a very vague answer tilly

Unfortunately its not that simple

Two things

1) Its next to impossible to find the 3.5 txd editor due to all the links being broken or the tool being removed

I had to have it sent to me by a friend because I could not locate it after 24hours to download it anywhere

2) There is a specifc way the names MUST BE CHANGED and no one provides the instructions on how to do so

I have contacted hammer himself and tried getting an answer out of him as to why:

But yet to have an answer to these 2 questions

A - The editor is compiled backwards -- Open it up and you will see what I mean)

B - All the explinations about how to change the name of something require you to have to reconfigure almost the entire game in order to have it recognize the new name of something

What anyone is failing to mention that I managed to get to the bottom of is that, this editor creates completely new hex code value's that the game cannot read or understand unless you edit every word of what you wanted changed to the new one you want to use, as well as reconfigure the main .SCM, any img section and any .dat file, cfg, and anywhere else the game reads the original you are changing from

Also I was given a link to a download with all the found out codes ---

What the hell do i need found out codes for---there is nothing to find out-----I can see every single hex code value for whats's already in there. Why would I go through all that trouble to add in a code that is already there ..... All you need to do is change the current name of the item that you are using thast it

If you start trying to follow the instructions being left by everyone then you will be totally screwed up because I got one instruction saying that the opened the handling.cfg or ide (something like that) and changed it to read something else...

I don't know what the hell tat kid was on but opening the handling cfg or ide has NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH EDITNG A NAME OF SOMETHING

Anyway I have yet to get an answer from hammer or the other kid as to why this editor allows the creation of new hex value codes if the proccess you need to follow in order to get teh game to recognize it is way too complex

and I can't get an answer as to why the kid brought in the handling CFG into this

These 2 people are idiots

Edited by tx3000