Laptop Problem

MrLlamaLlama

When i started up my laptop just now, a bios style warning came up, saying that my last windows session ended unexpectedly, which it didn't. I gives me the option to start windows normally, etc, in safe mode, and last known good configuration. Battery is fully charged. It starts to try to load windows(the bit whre it has the windowws logo and the blue bar, but then fails, restarting the laptop, then i get the sam bios style screen.

That's strange - could be caused by a number of things.

Question 1 is: Have you installed any new software or hardware (including drivers) recently? Even small things can sometimes cause your system to break.

Next time the screen comes up, choose "safe mode" (a cut-down version of windows used for fixing problems like this). Uninstall whatever you have installed over the past few days and unplug any new hardware devices - then try again.

If that doesn't work, start up in safe mode again and when it pops up a message about system restore, choose "yes" and revert your PC back to the state it was in a day or two ago (or longer if you have no choice). That should fix it.

If none of that works, it probably means something has corrupted your Windows installation, whether accidentally or maliciously. If you own a Windows CD then you can put that in, reboot, boot from CD and choose "repair" which will fix pretty much anything. You could reinstall Windows from scratch, but that would lose all your programs and settings (but your documents would stay).