Need a little help with manual installation..

GiiBz

I know theres a tutorial for manual modding but i'm not quite sure if i'm doing right.

Also I downloaded the IMGtool 2.0 from this site. but i noticed on other sites it says

supports GTA3(ver1) GTA:VC(ver1) and GTA:SA (VER2)

does it alos support v1?

Also can i mod signs with manual modding...

I would really apretiate it if anyone can help me

Then i can maybe start my own mods :dribble:

~-X GTA X-~

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jace I need your help again!!!!

How do i install building mods manually??? Is it like cars? exepd without handling and stuff?

Also if i have to reinstall will i lose all the game data i got by playing (not by downloading a 100% mod)?

If you have time can you also post a small tutorial on how to install building. Cos Gerard's tut only covers vehicles...

lol well it looks like i am

I searched for it and it dont exist i looked where i intalled and its not there either...

I installed into the start menu and all programs, Rockstar games -> GTA:SA then all it has is

Play GTA:SA

Readme!

Register online (can't i aint got net)

R* games (can't get online)

R* North ltd (cant get online)

uninstall GTA:SA

and in user files i have

my saeves, gallery, user radio, gta_sa set.rar

Also wtf is root directory???????????

If you have a San Andreas shortcut on your desktop, right click on it and bring up Properties. You can also do this from the Start Menu shortcut. Click on the "Find Target" button near the bottom of the dialog box. A new window will pop up showing your GTA:SA directory.

Ok... now a new problem has appeared.

I tried to install a train with manual but it dont wrk.

Tell me if im doing wrong. I've had 3 attempts.

1. Extract files for backup. renamed them streak old.dff , streak old.txt , streakc old.dff and streakc old.txt

Then i replaced the files and played. Still no change and the train is still the origional

2.Replaced with origionals and then deleted them from gta3.img (i still have backups). Then i added the files contaning the mods (streak.dff , streak.txt , streakc.dff , streakc.txt) and tried. still didnt work

3.2.Replaced with origionals and then deleted them from gta3.img (i still have backups). Then i added the files contaning the mods (streak.dff , streak.txt , streakc.dff , streakc.txt) and went t commands. I then pressed rebuild archive, however it still didn't work

PLease someone tell me how to do or tell me what i'm doing wrong.

~-X GTA X-~

I aint got notin called models on my PC. i checked in directory...I think (sounds dumb but, not quite sure what/where it is)

All i got is "gta_sa set.rar"

C:\program files\rockstar games\gta san andreas.

( Was it really that hard to tell him the location? )