Whats up with the forums?

Well actually there weren't that many changes made. For a simpler version Jared is right by saying it's too speed up the site.

But the problem was that recent posts were kind of pointless. To not waste space I chose not to have it show the number of replies and the name of the last poster. Looking at it now, just a topic title linking to the topic itself on the forums isn't particularly great for users, and unless they're already registered on the forums they probably don't care...there's now more and more posts being made everyday, so the links there change too frequently for it to be of any use to someone monitoring any new posts that may have been made. We may re-add it in the future or have it better placed.

Various small changes like this have been made to greatly reduce the number of queries performed on the database on every page load. Now since I made the changes TGTAP hasn't timed out once on me, and the server seems to be coping better overall. I've put images up to attract more users to the forums in its place. If they don't seem to be working I'll make better ones.