Max Payne 3 on the way?

Jared

Searching through some Rockstar Games WhoIs searches today I found Take2 and Rockstar register MaxPayne3.com back in 2004, and it's not set to expire until 2010. So is there another Max Payne on the way? It's been rumored, and this kinda proves there has to be. What's everyone else think?

Searching through some Rockstar Games WhoIs searches today I found Take2 and Rockstar register MaxPayne3.com back in 2004, and it's not set to expire until 2010. So is there another Max Payne on the way? It's been rumored, and this kinda proves there has to be. What's everyone else think?

Well from my understanding, Max Payne 2 wasn't that great and depending on when they registered the site in 2004, they might have scraped the idea. But hey, anything is possible. They've been working on GTAIV for a while and they might be working on Max Payne 3 for just as long, but I would assume GTAIV would take longer due to the fact it's free roam...Unless of course Max Payne went free roam, but I doubt that. Like I said, anythings possible.

You kidding? Max Payne 2 was easily one of the best games Rockstar have ever published. As for the domain registration date, there are many variables. For one, they may have been making sure nobody would buy it, or they started on Max Payne 3 right away. Also, if you look at Red Dead Revolver 2, it has been in development since early 2004 or earlier and it was only announced awhile back itself. San Andreas was in development before Vice City was finished and IV has been in development since San Andreas was complete.

You kidding? Max Payne 2 was easily one of the best games Rockstar have ever published. As for the domain registration date, there are many variables. For one, they may have been making sure nobody would buy it, or they started on Max Payne 3 right away. Also, if you look at Red Dead Revolver 2, it has been in development since early 2004 or earlier and it was only announced awhile back itself. San Andreas was in development before Vice City was finished and IV has been in development since San Andreas was complete.

Yeah, I've noticed. I didn't even play Max Payne 2, I heard that from a friend.

From what I heard Remedy lost the rights to make Max Payne 3 and R* bought those rights so I think R* will start working on MP 3 after GTA IV is released ... My guess is that it will be released in November 2008

I also heard that Max Payne 2 had lower sales than they expected that`s why they didn`t made MP 3 by now ...

and it's not set to expire until 2010

Where did you head that Jared ?

MP 2 was really good, one of my favorite games after GTA and just check out some gaming sites to see it`s ranking ( 9/10,9.4/10 etc ) So this is not a bad game after all ...

Edited by Gycu

From what I heard Remedy lost the rights to make Max Payne 3 and R* bought those rights so I think R* will start working on MP 3 after GTA IV is released ... My guess is that it will be released in November 2008

I also heard that Max Payne 2 had lower sales than they expected that`s why they didn`t made MP 3 by now ...

MP 2 was really good, one of my favorite games after GTA and just check out some gaming sites to see it`s ranking ( 9/10,9.4/10 etc ) So this is not a bad game after all ...

Oh really? Well that may be why. I find it odd Max Payne 2 was so unpopular, I loved it and still do, one of the best games I have ever played.

On the WhoIs search it tells you when it expires, click here.

I haven`t played Max Payne 1 but I had a MP1 storyline review from Max Payne 2 ... For me GTA is 1st, Max Payne 2 the 2nd and Mafia - The City Of Lost Heaven is 3rd ...

So is this coming for XBOX360 ? Or just PS3 and PC ? I hope it will run on my PC when released ...

because it was more like a love story. and 1 was way ahead in storyline.

Every game/movie has a love story but this wasn`t just about Max & Mona, it was about revenge and finding the truth ...

I wonder what`s gonna happen to poor Max now that all his friends are dead ... I hope he`ll find another girlfriend :)))

Oh really? Well that may be why. I find it odd Max Payne 2 was so unpopular, I loved it and still do, one of the best games I have ever played.

On the WhoIs search it tells you when it expires, click here.

That's what I was trying to tell you. It didn't sell well.