windows installer doesn't work!

Carlsberg

I am having this problem for the past few weeks. i wanted to install .net framework 2.0 but couldn't because of this error and i tried most of the forums but couldn't find a solution. I have also tried to reinstall WIN INSTALLER but it says the same thing!

>I have a question about properly installing windows installer, because most of the

>time when i want to download something it says the windows installer could not be

>accessed. "This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode, or if the windows

>installer is not correctly installed". And my computer is not in safe mode.

>Hi !!! I have a solution for the error, try these steps. carefully and dont miss out any. *********Edit the Registry************ Click the Start button. Click Run. The Run window appears. In the Open: field, type: regedit Click the OK button. The Registry Editor appears. In the left pane, click the plus sign (+) next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Click the plus sign (+) next to SYSTEM. Click the plus sign (+) next to CurrentControlSet. Click the plus sign (+) next to Services. Click the plus sign (+) next to MSIServer. In the right pane, double-click ImagePath. The Edit String dialog box appears. Verify that the Value data box contains the following value: X:\Windows\System32\msiexec.exe /V where X is the drive where Windows is installed (usually the C: drive). If applicable, type the correct value and click the OK button. Close the Registry Editor window. Return to Overview ---------------------------------------------------------- Register the Msiexec.exe File Shut down your computer. Restart your computer. When you see the Please select the operating system to start message, press the key.

On the Windows Advanced Option menu, use the ARROW keys to select Safe Mode. Press the key. If you are have a dual-boot system or multi-boot system, select Microsoft Windows XP from the list that appears, and then press the key. Log on to the computer. Click the Start button. Click Run. The Run window appears. In the Open: field, type: msiexec /regserver Click the OK button. Shut down your computer. Restart your computer normally ********And now your problem is solved********

this method doesn't work and i have lost my XP installation CD, so i can't even re-install windows.