Are the Chinese trying to poison us?

Huckleberry Pie

Yeah, right - I hope the consumers give those Chinese retards a taste of total pwnage...

Seriously? I thought this topic was a joke, I found your posts amusing so O.o ......but yeah I think there would be some reported illness's or deaths by this time. The chinese just messed up.

Like the CRF 150 R 07 version is having a recall because the camshaft is screwed, so my point is stuff happens man...

I dunno, most of the products made in China that I've seen were rather shoddy, such as those Honda ripoff motorcycles; the plastic tail lights turn yellowish after a few months, and we had problems with my dad's previous VCD players - we had one back in 2000, but after a few months it broke down; we bought another one, but it, too, suffered the same fate. Then we bought a more expensive Philips rig; it lasted for more than two years without any apparent problems... My cousin also had a DVD player that he bought for 30 bucks, made with Chinese parts. It seemed to perform well, but it later suffered from disk read problems and stuff after a few months of normal use! That's why my dad calls such Chinese stuff junk...

We're not really sure if ANYTHING we buy is really safe. Stop being a retard for a minute and listen to yourself.

X2. If you want to be safe, go grow your own vegetables. EVERYTHING has some chemicals in it to make the products last longer. Again, it's just about money. If there weren't those chemicals, the corporations would lose much more money to deliver fresh and get rid of old food products.

I dunno, most of the products made in China that I've seen were rather shoddy, such as those Honda ripoff motorcycles; the plastic tail lights turn yellowish after a few months, and we had problems with my dad's previous VCD players - we had one back in 2000, but after a few months it broke down; we bought another one, but it, too, suffered the same fate. Then we bought a more expensive Philips rig; it lasted for more than two years without any apparent problems... My cousin also had a DVD player that he bought for 30 bucks, made with Chinese parts. It seemed to perform well, but it later suffered from disk read problems and stuff after a few months of normal use! That's why my dad calls such Chinese stuff junk...

Well, pretty much all electronics are manufactured in China. The shoes you wear come from China. It's just sometimes Chinese work in foreign factories built there and sometimes they work in Chinese factories. Foreign are usually better.

I love how we go about and say THE CHINESE as if every single chinese person wants to poion us. My husband is half chinese from his mom's side and I'm pretty sure neither of them have tried to poison me.

People here are constantly enforcing that it's the chinese every two seconds. You can just say "these Chinese companies" once and we'll get it. You don't have to repeat "the chinese" every chance you get.

YellowJacket - Fair enough. I don't think it was anyone's intent to be offensive, China just happens to be the location where

these products are coming from. The problem isn't w/ legitimate manufacturers, it's the counterfeiters & the lack of action

on the part of their government. The government doesn't necessarily represent the people, as this guy showed us a few

years back in Tiananmen Square -

http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=91866&rendTypeId=4

Also in fairness, there are some Chinese products that are of decent quality. They make a good SKS or AK rifle (seriously).

GM recently set up a Buick plant in mainland China. Granted I'm a Ford guy, but if GM builds cars in China, they would have

to meet quality standards.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/auto...ws/4216029.html

China poisoning us? The FDA has done a great job at this already.

X2. If you want to be safe, go grow your own vegetables. EVERYTHING has some chemicals in it to make the products last longer. Again, it's just about money. If there weren't those chemicals, the corporations would lose much more money to deliver fresh and get rid of old food products.

Organic products are a popular replacement for the artificial sweeteners, preservatives and other junk being put into our food.

YellowJacket - Fair enough. I don't think it was anyone's intent to be offensive, China just happens to be the location where

these products are coming from.

I don't have a problem with people saying it's from China because it is. It's saying "the Chinese". The entire population does not consist of only Chinese people. There are many other nationalities there, just like in Northa America. It's almost as if they are putting emphasis on the Chinese, as if no other nationality could be at fault.

Edited by YellowJacket