3 Red Lights on my 360 :(

Chris

so chris, unfortunately it seems that i also have the same problem just today, do you mind if i ask you some questions?

-what's the procedure of returning it? do we have to bring our warranty paper?

-where did you return it? to the sellers? did you have to contact the www.xbox.com/support ?

-what else should i know about the three red ring of death?

oh man, now i'm pissed off, did any of you guys besides chris have the same problem? if so please reply this :(

Edited by ArtSweet

I had the same problem with both of my 360s. Just write up your console's serial number and contact Microsoft's customer service. They should send you a box to ship it in. Include just the 360; no hard drive, cables, controllers.

i've done searching yesterday, apparently my country isn't the official place for the shipment of 360, so i can't have warranty, goddamit, is there a better 360(the one that's not going to get like this for at least two to three years?, maybe like the premium or the elite?? i am so mad at china illegal shipment right now :bashhead: , i thought this machine was supposed to be released in anywhere in the world :pissedred:

thanks for the information though, appreciate it :yup:

Or they should have fitted a bit better cooler..

Does it also overheat on idle if it's on for like 2 days?

You mean a third party cooling thing? Those thing suck and usually make things worse. As for being left idle for two days, probably not. Then again, how the hell are you gonna leave the thing on for 2 days? :lol:

Not really :P

It should have sufficient ventilation or it will just suck up the same hot air for the cooling. Especially the vent where air gets sucked in should be open. No idea where that is on a 360 but for the Wii it's underneath. So where it's on the stand, but the stand has a opening for it and it can't suck up the same air since that's closed. Hot air goes out from the back of the console.

• 3 weeks later...

GOOD NEWS!!!

(If Mishom/news staff already caught this, you can disregard)

I just got the OCT issue of Official X-Box Magazine & got a pleasant shock. MS has announced a 3-year extended warranty

on ALL X-box 360s (yes, that includes units already purchased & in service). The article says they will repair & upgrade the

cooling of all defective 360s (as long as the warranty isn't voided by opening the case). MS claims the program will have a

$1 billion price tag, but they decided to do it in the interest of customer satisfaction.

Ironically, mine just started to show the symptoms of the "ring of death" :lol: . The one upside of "Rent to Own", dropped it

off today & got a loaner while mine is being fixed.

MS really stepped up on this one, full point.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

This is the only big thing I have against the 360. I saw a huge article about this in a PS3 mag (:D) and it said that in like 2006 they got around 6 a day (or week I'm not sure). The only way to fix it is if it has it's whole motherboard replaced but you may still have the problem with it when it gets fixed.

All consoles have there faults. My PS3 gets pretty hot even when it's in a ventelated place with a fan on it.

My Wii has been the best, no problems and by the way they did fix the wrist straps. (I just got Mario 64 for it)

Edited by Mpilk

According to the article, MS has found the problem & has an effective solution.As for Fox News, I got kind of burned out on serious news so I'm a little behind.According to the article, MS has found the problem & has an effective solution.As for Fox News, I got kind of burned out on serious news so I'm a little behind.