Boat Problem

Gerard

Yes, there's a problem even I can't solve :)

Whenever I drive a boat in GTASA, my game crashes. I can drive it for a while, sometimes quite a long time, but suddenly everything stops, goes funny colours and I can't do anything except use the main menu.

This is nothing to do with mods, as it occurs every time I install my copy of GTASA, and occurs whether or not I use mods.

Any ideas?

You're about the last guy I'd expect to have this kind of headache. I'll presume you've already checked the obvious causes

like crashed drivers, machine problems or a scratched disc. Has this just started for you or has this been an issue from the

start?

Is it a specific boat or all of them?

The only thing I can think of would be a damaged disc.

• 1 month later...

Forgot to check for replies - thanks.

It has always been a problem, first noticed it doing that mission in San Fierro where you have the boat chase at the docks - I could NEVER get round the corner towards the Gant bridge without this totally crashing.

Funny colours are where the entire game seizes up and the light bits glow. If I go into the menu it works, but if I Escape out of that it just shows the menu but glowing and wont let me do anything. I'll grab a screeny soon.

It is definitely a problem with the disk since it affects every install on every PC I've used, and its not the drive. Disk isn't dirty because it hasnt come/gone over time. but it can't be a problem like a big scratch because then the game would fail to install or run. Must be a tiny problem with just a couple of bytes that f*ck up.

@Gerard: I too, experienced those funny colors, which makes SA look like a damned disco, I still remember those funny greens and pinks and blues and all that flashing...

And really speaking, when I flew the Hydra from the Airstrip towards the Gant Bridge and surrounding areas, I too had the same problem....I tried re-installing the game, I did it twice...then it worked properly.

Despite this, I'll suggest if you have any mods installed, first get rid of them

[usual way to get off the mods = re-install].

Hope this helps. :)