Simple Machine Forums

Warcheif

What's up you guys, I'm trying to install my Simple Machine Forums, I have a SmartFTP Client, I also got an IIS6 Manager (Internet Information Services), and I'm trying to install the MySQL Server 4.1. :( The problem is I don't know what these things are for, also I don't no what they do, nor do I know how to install these things. :( I really need you guys help. :unsure:

Edited by Warcheif

What's up you guys, I'm trying to install my Simple Machine Forums, I have a SmartFTP Client, I also got an IIS6 Manager (Internet Information Services), and I'm trying to install the MySQL Server 4.1. :( The problem is I don't know what these things are for, also I don't know what they do, nor do I know how to install these things. :( I really need you guys help. :unsure:

You mean you have your own server? The IIS functions as your server software, and the MySQL stuff functions as your database for all forum posts, user profiles and settings. I wouldn't let you dive right into that project, if you don't have a deep understanding of what's going on; besides, if you plan to run a server at your 'hood, you have to have some patience and the bills for electricity and maintenance, since you have to run the computer all day long. I don't intend to spam, but I suggest that you try 110MB.com, you can build a forum there for free, although you have to pay extra for an SQL server - there are external SQL servers that you may try for free, such as FreeMySQL...