Sky Crane question

Kirby

Is it possible to swipe the Sky Crane (Leviathan with a giant magnet underneath)? The mission doesn't allow it normally and replaces it with a Leviathan that doesn't feature the magnet after the mission has been completed.

I'm hoping there's a way to keep it - it would be a missed opportunity for some fun otherwise, methinks.

EDIT = I'm new here, by the way. Hello ^^

Edited by Kirby

Yeah, I considered trying dying with the thing stored in the hangar, until I tried messing around with it DURING the mission earlier today. You know the armoured van that you have to pick up? Apparently it's lighter than the ones that you would normally see driving around. Because the sky crane struggles to lift anything heavier than a motorcycle. Seriously, you can't gain any height with it if you grab a regular car - it's impossible. They must have made that particular van a LOT lighter. Considering how much potential for fun that the game openly grants you, I'm surprised, and a bit disappointed, too. But I appreciate the replies. ^^

Just FYI, I'm currently playing the XBox version, but given the myriad of mods available for the PC, I'm very tempted to change over. San Andreas Multiplayer sounds too damn good to be true. :o I had no idea it existed!

I think the code for the magnet only works for that mission.

If I think of it later, I'll open the main script & verify that.

If you have PC V1, there are script mods to make it permanent. I'm planning on using it for my next version of

"SA: Outlaw Spec".

Whats the thing ? whats outlaw spec :huh: ?

Bearing in mind I'm talking about the XBox version here =

I can confirm that the magnet actually DOES stay active after the mission, if you store the Sky Crane in the hangar at the airfield. Like I said though, the bank van that has to be lifted for that mission must have been specially modded to be lighter, because as I stated before, I tried messing around with it DURING the mission, and couldn't get anything bigger than a motorbike off the ground. I suppose it might be handy for getting FRC 900's to all your garages, but that would be about the extent of it's usefulness.

Edited by Kirby