Explorer.exe stuck at ~ 50% CPU usage

WRX22B1998

Yes I know you can google this...but...all the situations for people have been when doing something specific.

I bought a WD MyBook World Edition (just means it has LAN connection) and installed the compulsory crap MioNet software

Since this, on my laptop, explorer.exe has sometimes jumped up and stayed at ~50% CPU usage, and start menu doesnt respond, nor does clicking any icons. I pretty much have to ctrl alt del, end process "explorer.exe" and run "explorer" and start over. This is a real pain especially because I am copying files sometimes when this happens, other times I'm not really doing anything.

Ive run Spybot S&D (which just found cookies) and ran AVG Anti Virus (which found a virus in the multi theft auto admin.exe...) but nothing else.

Yes I know you can google this...but...all the situations for people have been when doing something specific.

I bought a WD MyBook World Edition (just means it has LAN connection) and installed the compulsory crap MioNet software

Since this, on my laptop, explorer.exe has sometimes jumped up and stayed at ~50% CPU usage, and start menu doesnt respond, nor does clicking any icons. I pretty much have to ctrl alt del, end process "explorer.exe" and run "explorer" and start over. This is a real pain especially because I am copying files sometimes when this happens, other times I'm not really doing anything.

Ive run Spybot S&D (which just found cookies) and ran AVG Anti Virus (which found a virus in the multi theft auto admin.exe...) but nothing else.

Was your PC running smoothly before you install MioNet?

I just thought of that myself(uninstaling it)...but I need it to get to my external HD. Edit..No i dont figured out a way

I will try uninstalling this software, then see what happens

But...it did it before (after Mionet) with other stuff like svchost.exe and rundll32.exe

Beginning to annoy me, as soon as i close Mionet my whole comp froze....i still have the disc for it so if i REALLY need it back i can get it. but i will try uninstalling that

I just thought of that myself(uninstaling it)...but I need it to get to my external HD. Edit..No i dont figured out a way

I will try uninstalling this software, then see what happens

But...it did it before (after Mionet) with other stuff like svchost.exe and rundll32.exe

Beginning to annoy me, as soon as i close Mionet my whole comp froze....i still have the disc for it so if i REALLY need it back i can get it. but i will try uninstalling that

Can you give me a screenshot of the Task Manager, showing all running processes, and a Hijackthis log?

Not to be a bitch, but I dont have Hijackthis...and the running processes are all normal (confirmed by Security Task Manager) i know what they all are...but I'l put it in nonetheless

processes.JPG

I cut and paste some processes to try and make it square because they dont all fit on one screen

This is what I did..and it seemed to fix the problem.

First I uninstalled MioNet (it was giving me problems, like, for example I copied all these videos off the camera, from D drive. And it started caching all of them to c drive (pretty much making a copy) while it was transferring and then i was getting all these Low Disk Space warnings...long story short its really annoying)

Then I went into my dad's computer (also XP) and copied explorer.exe to my USB. Then I went and renamed explorer.exe in my windows directory to explorer.old and pasted the new explorer.exe. Then I rebooted and it hasnt done it yet...

Still pretty strange though so...