PS2 GTA SA Jet pack under water

hypercoder

This is based on two things: a glitch that lets you fall out of the water when you are diving in a specific area and the behavior of jet packs around water.

Method:

At the SF airport, facing the bridge between the Panopticon and Red county there is an angle in the rock surface across from you. Dive down at this point and go as deep as possible. Suddenly CJ will fall to the bottom and behave as if here weren't in the water at all - you can walk around and breathe normally.

Jet packs, when taken off around water, will sink like a rock; but if you dive down to retrieve it - it won't appear again until you are out of the water.

If you stand on the angle of the rock surface then drop the jet pack into the water then dive in for it - you'll still be swimming and the jet pack isn't active. Dive down to the glitch where you fall down to the bay floor. Once you stand up again the jet pack will function and you can fly around under the surface of the water.

Benefits:

Well, none - other than it's cool :)

Take note though... if you go deep enough (light gets dimmer) until you're in complete darkness you will "fall" back into the normal SA environment.

Yet another crappy video:

I believe the orginal glitch was found on a PC...

So here I am, jetting around under water and I notice boats above me. Stepped out of the jet pack aimed for the boat and blew it up and suddenly I have a 1 star wanted level. No biggie. But I got up to the dam and saw the pontoons of the Seasparrow moored there and decided to take it out - wow - instant 3 stars. Here comes the 'copters and sirens.

Cops will shoot at you from the helicopter and their bullets will leave the neatest trails in the water, but the thing that cracked me up was to get near a bridge or road where the surface vehicles can approach you and they will drive right into the water despite the fact that cops can't swim. Hang around long enough and you'll have a little floating body farm going... :lolbounce: