Just a couple of questions...

MrLlamaLlama

Got ass - bored and decided to start skinning up some clothes and stuff in SA. looking into making a skin pack, but, I'm in need of a couple of pointers.

All help much appreciated.

1. Can somebody tell me which of the IMG files contains the textures for the billboards? And, if possible, the kind of names i should expect them to have (like, similar rfixes / suffixes)

2. Could someone find out for me the in - game name for the rqcing suit you acquire from dating michelle, and if possible it's name in the PLayer IMG file too.

3. When creating a vehicle texture, wtf do i do to apply images to different sections of cars (link to a comprehensive skinning guide would suffice, all the ones i find are complete ass - shit)

4. Anyone willing to do some modelling ? (highly unlikely, worth a shot)

Oh, and urban, if you see this, hit me up on PM, i need a couple of handling edits ;)

Got ass - bored and decided to start skinning up some clothes and stuff in SA. looking into making a skin pack, but, I'm in need of a couple of pointers.

All help much appreciated.

1. Can somebody tell me which of the IMG files contains the textures for the billboards? And, if possible, the kind of names i should expect them to have (like, similar rfixes / suffixes)

2. Could someone find out for me the in - game name for the rqcing suit you acquire from dating michelle, and if possible it's name in the PLayer IMG file too.

3. When creating a vehicle texture, wtf do i do to apply images to different sections of cars (link to a comprehensive skinning guide would suffice, all the ones i find are complete ass - shit)

4. Anyone willing to do some modelling ? (highly unlikely, worth a shot)

Oh, and urban, if you see this, hit me up on PM, i need a couple of handling edits ;)

Like the previous post said, the billboards are in the gta3.img file. I was just going through the entire thing the other day and I can tell you a few things... There are only some of the .txds with billboards in them that are labelled with obvious names. The words 'billbrd' 'bill' or 'bboard' are the most common. I found at least 60 files with billboards in them. There's so much reduncancy across these files, it's no wonder the .img file is as huge as it is! The easiest way to check which ones is to load the .img using Txd Workshop so you can see the textures while stepping through them. Actual names of the billboards are self-evident. They'll be named 'prolaps01' or 'homies_2', etc..

As for Michelle's racing suit, it comes in two parts, if you're after the textures. In 'player.img', they're 'garageleg' and 'garagetop'. In the shopping.dat file, it's called 'garageleg'.

With the vehicle textures, I think you can only easily make new ones for vehicles that have different skins already. That would be the ones you can take to any of the customizing shops. For ordinary vehicles, you'd need to reassign textures on the 3D model itself.