Help please - I cannot get new missions

drollery

Hello,

I have been playing San Andreas on PS2, and I am supposed to be doing the mission "Reuniting the families". I have done every mission prior to that.

However, the red marker does not show up at sweet's house, nor does any initials pop up on the map. Is there any way I could continue onto the missions?

Thank you

ps, if it helps, I did not use any cheats.

After that mission it should be the one where you have to rescue Sweet from the Ballas.Hmm...Straight after that mission you should be able to go to Sweet`s house and do that mission.

I don`t know what`s wrong.

aww ok, thanks anyway :)

the $ sign showed up on my street, but no red marker in front of sweet's house, it's probably some glitch or scratch on the disc.

In any case, I have a saved version about 5 missions earlier, which I'll continue, hopefully it wont have problems when it gets up to this mission. But damn, my $2m from horse betting will be missed.

You said PS2 so it's either a damaged disc, your PS2 or a corrupted save file. If you have access to another PS2, try

your game in it & see if you get the same, meanwhile make sure other games work in your PS2. If you know someone

else playing on the PS2 see if you can get a copy of their save & try it.

As I recall, whenever you save after using a cheat on any PS2 GTA, you get a message warning you that your save might

be corrupted.

You said PS2 so it's either a damaged disc, your PS2 or a corrupted save file.

I tried other games, and they all worked, and I never used cheats.

I can't find the reference but i think you need to control 70% of Los Santos & at least 10% respect.

How many hoods have you taken?

I got total respect.

In terms of territories, I've taken over almost all the purple ones, and one patch of yellow... When you say 70% of Los Santos, does that include the yellow colored gangs too? If so, I might keep going with the gangwars to see how it goes. Thanks!

I took over 0 territories and can do Reuniting The Families, at the end of the game is where you need to take over like 70% of LS.

oh really? damn... must be something wrong with the disc then.

I loaded from 5 missions ago and the same thing happened when I got up to that mission - no red marker outside sweet's house.

PS, just making sure, sweet's house is roughly 2 houses down from CJ's house on grove st right?

Looking out from CJ's stairs, Sweet is the 2nd door to the right & Ryder is the 1st to the left.

Cheats may or may not have an effect on this, but it depends on which one. GTA3/VC give you a warning that saving after

you use cheats (PS2) & problems like this in SA have bee4n attributed to saving after using cheats, although they occur

much later in the game. There is a claim that some cheats won't affect your save from a source considered reliable who

has been looking for his original source.

If you have access to another disc, try it & see if anything changes.

As for the controlling 70% of the hoods, I'm playing from the beginning & will test that one in the next few days for you.

Looking out from CJ's stairs, Sweet is the 2nd door to the right & Ryder is the 1st to the left.

Cheats may or may not have an effect on this, but it depends on which one. GTA3/VC give you a warning that saving after

you use cheats (PS2) & problems like this in SA have bee4n attributed to saving after using cheats, although they occur

much later in the game. There is a claim that some cheats won't affect your save from a source considered reliable who

has been looking for his original source.

If you have access to another disc, try it & see if anything changes.

As for the controlling 70% of the hoods, I'm playing from the beginning & will test that one in the next few days for you.

awesome, thanks a lot!

(I have conquered more than 70% by now - over 80% at least, but still no red mark outside sweet's house). The only other possible reason is that when i spam the buttons, i may have accidentally pressed some sequence for a cheat, hence the problem...