Yet another modding question...

VercettiGhost

OK, I just downloaded 5 mods for GTA3. My game is for PS2. I read the readme's for all the mods, too. Assuming that all of the mods on this site are for PC, do they work when you burn a new PS2 game? Because my disc has all of the files mentioned in the readme's.

*NOTE: THESE ARE MY DOWNLOADED MODS:

--Stairs to Donald Love's rooftop.

--Bridge to Ghost-Town (with a patch to make the Ghost-Town solid)

--'Chevy Caprice' replaces Perrenial

--Several different skins.

Well, my BF has GTA3 for PC, but I've played it, and it just seems like the control scheme is REALLY out of line when compared to the PS2 version. I already have the equipment to burn a PS2 game, too, and I would hate to have bought it for nothing. Your replies, while true, are'nt really what I was looking for. If you're just gonna say "Buy the PC version" then, please, I don't want to talk to you. Now, if you have an actual ANSWER to the question I asked, then, Yes, I definitly would appreciate an answer...

Playstation 2: Modding the PS2 version of the game is very hard. In order to do so, you will need a dual-layer DVD burner, a blank dual-layer DVD, DVD/ISO creation software, and a PS2 modchip. You must copy the DVD contents to the computer, install the mods like you would on the PC version, make the files into an ISO, and use software to make a bootable dual-layer DVD using the ISO file. You must burn to the DVD, then put it in your PS2. You must have a modchip or the PS2 will give you a disc read error. We cannot provide support for PS2 mods due to copyright/piracy issues

PS2/Xbox Modding

May I add, you'll have to burn a new disc everytime you want to install or uninstall a mod.

Edited by GTA Don