Half-Life 2, Nova Prospekt has glitched.

Mpilk901

In Half-Life 2 during the Nova Prospekt level, my game has glitched in such a way which will not allow me to continue.

I had to flick a switch making it turn green to open 2 locked gates, I have done so but the gates haven't opened and to continue I NEED to open these gates. I know that I have done this right as I have checked a walkthrough and it says to flick the green switch and continue through the gates.

I cannot load a previous save as they are all after I have flicked the green switch, I have tried turning my PS3 off and re-loading the game save but the problem consists. Any ideas?

Link to the walkthrough: http://www.visualwalkthroughs.com/halflife...ovaprospekt.htm (I am stuck at #36/37)

Pictures of my game:

DSC02211.jpg

DSC02212.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Erm, thanks for your advice guys but I just re-started the chapter and I got passed it. But I don't play it anymore after finding out that the person who made The Orange Box said the PS3 is "a waste of time".

Lol that was Gabe Newell, and I agree with him there, but then again I think all consoles are a waste of time, PC is where it's at, especially for that genre of game.

But why does that matter what he said? The Orange Box is still one of the best games ever created, seriously, I think GTA IV and TF2 will go down as being the best games ever made.