editing help

Cj San

I did something stupid.......

After finding out you can that txd had bmps inside (when opened with txd workshop)

i tried to make my own bmp and replace the other one, making the hat

( i was editing truckers cap BTW) look different, this was a failure :( it was a bmp

but it dident work? i kept the image the same way it was before just different color and

stuff

I used paint.net to edit BTW, i also tried using regular paint- no go

anyway i can make this work if possible??

like some sort of pic editing program that WORKS!

thanks in advance :D

(also if not what else works other then bmp?)

After finding out you can that txd had bmps inside (when opened with txd workshop)

( i was editing truckers cap BTW) look different, this was a failure :( it was a bmp

but it dident work? i kept the image the same way it was before just different color and

stuff

I just checked out the trucker's cap in the player.img file because I had a hunch and sure enough I was right... Your problem is probably due to the fact that the texture graphic has an alpha channel and importing/exporting as a .bmp doesn't include one. When an image inside a .txd file has an alpha channel attached to it, you'll see an extra name for it under the main one in Txd Workshop's listing of it. For example, it says:

Name: "captruck" (main graphic)

alpha: "captrucka" (alpha graphic)

When you see this, it means there is a separate image that's attached to the first in it's alpha channel. It's a 256-level greyscale image that defines areas of transparency in the main image. Total white = opaque. Total black = transparent. It's like a cookie-cutter for images.

To work with this sort of image, you must first export it as either a .tga or .png format. These filetypes handle alpha channels. Next, you need a paint program that can work with alpha channels. Whether Paint.net does or not I have no idea cuz I've never used it. Then you need to save your image in one of these types and import it as such.

For more info on this topic, search for an earlier post I made about it or search the net. I'm not going to go into it any further here... There's tons of info elsewhere - that's how I learned!

ok im ganna try i hope it works :D

stuff

I just checked out the trucker's cap in the player.img file because I had a hunch and sure enough I was right... Your problem is probably due to the fact that the texture graphic has an alpha channel and importing/exporting as a .bmp doesn't include one. When an image inside a .txd file has an alpha channel attached to it, you'll see an extra name for it under the main one in Txd Workshop's listing of it. For example, it says:

Name: "captruck" (main graphic)

alpha: "captrucka" (alpha graphic)

When you see this, it means there is a separate image that's attached to the first in it's alpha channel. It's a 256-level greyscale image that defines areas of transparency in the main image. Total white = opaque. Total black = transparent. It's like a cookie-cutter for images.

To work with this sort of image, you must first export it as either a .tga or .png format. These filetypes handle alpha channels. Next, you need a paint program that can work with alpha channels. Whether Paint.net does or not I have no idea cuz I've never used it. Then you need to save your image in one of these types and import it as such.

For more info on this topic, search for an earlier post I made about it or search the net. I'm not going to go into it any further here... There's tons of info elsewhere - that's how I learned!