Game won't come up

nonomu198

I don't have any mods... what will reinstalling help? will I still have my saves? And also, this happened once, so I de-updated my card (found an old update somewhere) and GTA SA worked, but then all of the other games gut really slow and I had to update agin. I REALLY don't wanna deupdate and update every time I wanna play SA O.o.

If you updated your drivers after you've already been playing the game awhile then you could try deleting the 'gta-sa.set' file found in the same folder as your save games. This file keeps all your game settings like options, gfx settings, etc.. Just make a backup of it first in case deletion doesn't work. Then load the game and setup your game settings again.

Updating is what started this whole thing

did you even read my post?

No, I just started blindly typing....YES, I read the post -

I updated my card (PX6600TD) and now GTA just crash when I open it... uh.. other games and stuff works fine.

It said nothing about the drivers, just the video card. My answer may sound dumb but you would be surprised how

many people make that kind of mistake.

If the new card is drastically different from your old one, Ranx may be on the right track. Beyond that, I'd suggest

defragging your hard drive after you delete the file, to make sure the old one is gone when you set it up again. This

has popped up when people have un-installed SA & re-installed it.

Uhhh I just tried to open SA today and it worked. I didn't do anything, that's exetremly odd. Unless opening the SA:MP debug does some magic...

@RanxeroX: And where are these saves, exactly?

@Urbanoutlaw: You are right, I wrote card instead of driver.

Anyway, new problem, most of the sound effects don't work, and some do but really weak.

Uhhh I just tried to open SA today and it worked. I didn't do anything, that's exetremly odd. Unless opening the SA:MP debug does some magic...

@RanxeroX: And where are these saves, exactly?

@Urbanoutlaw: You are right, I wrote card instead of driver.

Anyway, new problem, most of the sound effects don't work, and some do but really weak.

Your games saves are stored in the 'My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files' folder. The gta-sa.set file is there too.

Don't know why your audio is now screwing up too... Maybe that SA:MP is to blame?

Uhh now I think the audio is messing up the same way it does as when its rainy (in the game), if that helps.

Have you tried the obvious things like updating your audio drivers or checking all audio settings in the control panel? Try running 'DxDiag' and see if any problems pop up there... Beyond this, I don't know what your problem could be.