PS3 = 5 Minute Install + Sixaxis Confirmed

Mpilk901

1Up has already done an in-depth preview on Grand Theft Auto IV, but the author decided to drop in on the NeoGAF forums and add a few more details that weren't included in that article.

First, he confirmed there would be a 5-minute mandatory install regarding the PS3 version, which is about what we expected. There had been rumors going on that it would be more like a 55-minute install...but we just think someone mistakenly added another 5, or something. This isn't a really big deal; most games are coming with this mandatory install on the PS3 these days. Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, for example, had a necessary install, and it took longer than 5 minutes if memory serves.

Secondly, he confirmed the existence of Sixaxis motion-sensing controls for all the vehicles (cars, motorcycles, helicopters, etc.) in the game. Now, what with the Dual Shock 3 on store shelves and people slowly gravitating away from the Sixaxis, perhaps they're more interested in force feedback these days. But it's still a nice option to have, and it's something the Xbox 360 version of GTAIV doesn't have. Speaking of the 360 version, a lot has been made about the graphical comparison between the two, and it seems they're just about identical. Skip, the author of the 1Up GTAIV preview, said some Rockstar employees said the PS3 version looked better, but other employees didn't agree. When he put them side by side, it was tough to tell the two apart.

We think of that as good news for all, as everybody - regardless of what consoles sit in their entertainment centers - can have the same high-quality experience we're all expecting.

Source: http://www.psxextreme.com/

Erm, is it just me or does that bit explaing about the Sixaxis and DualShock 3 mean theres no vibration for PS3? I hope not, I just got a DualShock 3!

Not necessarily, the vast majority of games for the PS3 do not support vibration because there was no dualshock on the PS3 until recently. It has definitely not been a PS3 standard. At this point, I think that if they were going to include support for the Dual Shock 3, then it would be more explicit than they are making it.

I just hope the install is 5 minutes like they say it is. Gran Turismo 5 took about 20...any longer than that I wouldn't really think of as acceptable.