Axed Features and Changes

I remember when we were hearing about the new features and what not for GTAIV and vaguely remember a mention that Niko would have to carry weapons in the trunk of his car...But you flip through them like in the old games...what happened to that idea?

I've been noticing a few things that were said to be changing...but haven't.

I remember when we were hearing about the new features and what not for GTAIV and vaguely remember a mention that Niko would have to carry weapons in the trunk of his car...But you flip through them like in the old games...what happened to that idea?

I've been noticing a few things that were said to be changing...but haven't.

Actually, there were numerous things like the one you just mentioned, and I thought about this quite a bit just now and have come to this conclusion...

When R* demonstrated certain missions to journalists they were all at varying points in the game. They must have been shown a bit where Niko had already unlocked the ability to

get guns

from Little Jacob. However, since they weren't given full details on this, they assumed that this was how you got guns throughout the entire game, and so that's what they wrote. There's also a couple of missions where in a cutscene Niko grabs some guns from a car - maybe this was originally intended for gameplay - we'll never know, but stuff like that can easily get misreported. Especially if they weren't allowed to take notes and had to write about everything from memory.

Basically, I think it all comes down to journalists misreporting stuff - we naturally take it as fact because we trust them to some degree since it's their job... but yeah. I think this happens with many games, just more so with GTA since there's so much you can do in it anyway.

so basically it's the reporters that exagerrate these features -_- ,it's not fair man, those 2 are some features that i really want, oh well maybe next time.

but i think R* has also deleted some good features we don't know about, you know to make these games playable in PS3 & 360. i bet they had some crazy ideas about GTA IV and unfortunately can't be in the game

wow, and to think how much marijuana someone should smoke to imagine something phenomenal like GTA :lol: , (radio ad like talk): i was not endorsing the use of marijuana or any other illegal drugs in TGTAP

anyway, is that all of the features that's not in the game but were mentioned in news or is there more??

Edited by ArtSweet

^ I think the ability to climb up poles has gone as well, and I'm not sure about pushing people off buildings, I haven't got to a point where you can do that yet. Also, I haven't been able to withdraw and deposit money from ATM machines. I'm not really bothered that these are missing though, because I couldn't see myself climbing up poles anyway, and having all your weapons at hand just feels easier IMO.

ATM machines are useless, the only thing you can do is check your balance.

Climbing poles - not sure this was actually confirmed but climbing ladders is in so I think that's fine

Hanging on to cars/trucks - there's one mission where you have to hang on a truck, climb on it etc. If you try to jack someones car and they drive off (VERY rare) I think you can hang on as I accidentally did this once. I know some peds hang on to their cars when you jack them which is pretty funny - either way, it was implied we'd be able to press a button or something to jump and grab the back of a car...

Pushing people off buildings - this wouldn't happen in-game randomly anyway - but there are a couple of missions in which depending on how you play, you can push/fight/shoot a character off a building.

Probably others too, but none of them are huge, they're pretty much all minor features.

^ I've seen the feature where Niko or any peds try to get in a car and they get stock in the door and get dragged with the car, but it's only for a few seconds before they can't hold any longer.

I aslo hoped that you could take stuff from the trunk, carry weapon on your back. In the first or second trailer we saw Niko carrying bags in this back, we all thought that there were some kinds of weapon in them, but after playing the game we know that it's not like that. It's the money bag from the bank robbery. This was a very huge disapointning for me and most likely for other aswell.