Learning main.scm coding

Deji

Im learning main.scm at the moment and In 2 hours I've learnt the most basic script I could come up with (The amazing thing is I wasn't even taught how to do half of it)

Just wanted to show off my glee as my character is repetitivly dying every 5 seconds.

:MYTHREAD
0001: wait 2000 ms
00D6: if
 8118: not actor $PLAYER_ACTOR dead
004D: jump_if_false @MYTHREAD
0002: jump @MYTHREAD1

:MYTHREAD1
0001: wait 3000 ms
0223: set_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR health_to 0
0002: jump @MYTHREAD

= Unlimited deaths.

So I hope soon I'll be making more advanced codes and maybe will work my first mission :clapping:

To make this topic useful to at least someone... Is there any tips you can give me while I am working on learning this? I'm using CLEO and Sanny Builder which isn't what I'm used to but I think I can manage.

Now if only that CLEO and SCM coding were taught in college as a part of the programming course... Judging from the code you made, you used loops and IF-THEN statements there... I suggest that you read some books about computer programming concepts and stuff; although they may seem to be different to SCM and CLEO, the basic principles are much the same...

Some programming background in any language will help just from understanding how it works. Once you have that

you just need to learn the syntax of the specific language & build some experience.

Keep going w/ it Deji, you just might have a little talent for this if you can pick it up so quickly.

I've always been resourceful, I perfer to pick things up myself most of the time. Which is why I left school and why the teachers hated me (Well, some of em) ;)

Judging from the code you made, you used loops and IF-THEN statements there... I suggest that you read some books about computer programming concepts and stuff; although they may seem to be different to SCM and CLEO, the basic principles are much the same...

Well I'm trying not to confuse myself here. I'm 13 :P I already know HTML and am learning the rest of that tosh. So I think I'll wait it out a little for C++ and programming code. Wait until I'm about 16 or something.

Edited by Deji