Camcorder Needed

Harwood Butcher

My friends and I are planning on making a "Halloween special" for our Youtube channel and we're gonna need to get a better camera/camcorder than the digital camera I'm using now.

The main reason we need it is because the video will be at night and in almost complete darkness. So we'll need night vision, which from my understanding is only in Sony camcorders.

Here is what I'm looking for.

• Cost: $300 - $600 (Preferably NEW)
  • At least 720P quality
  • Night vision
  • quality video in low lighting
  • Hard drive

I would also like audio zoom, but don't really need it. If at all possible, I would like something relatively small.

I'll need to find a camcorder that I could buy some time this weekend.

Filming starts on the 9th of October.

here

i know this is in AUD, atm itd be $560 USD, has a 40GB hard disk.

ok i looked on best buy, theres a 30GB version of it, thats 500USD

as for HD, that's outta your price range - heres the cheapest HDD based highdef camera, thats 799USD

the everio ones have nightmode, also the everio i have has a little light on it, dunno if thats of any use.

the only cameras that can record high def in your price range either record to tape, those little dvds, or SD card

Edited by WRX22B1998

here

i know this is in AUD, atm itd be $560 USD, has a 40GB hard disk.

ok i looked on best buy, theres a 30GB version of it, thats 500USD

as for HD, that's outta your price range - heres the cheapest HDD based highdef camera, thats 799USD

the everio ones have nightmode, also the everio i have has a little light on it, dunno if thats of any use.

the only cameras that can record high def in your price range either record to tape, those little dvds, or SD card

SD cards work for me.

ok hmm

would you rather have a hard drive? or high def recording?

this has 720p recording H.264, records to SD/SDHC and is only $180..but it is a no-name brand. and lol i just noticed has NO optical zoom. haha.

this one is the same brand but it has 3x optical zoom at least. this records in .MOV quicktime. 1920x1080 (30fps) or 1280x720 (720p) at 60fps, has 90mb internal memory, supports SDHC, also has 5MP still camera. $200

this is a samsung one, dont know how they call 720x480 (dvd quality) high definition, but meh. records to SDHC, has 10x optical zoom but costs 550

Edited by WRX22B1998

ok hmm

would you rather have a hard drive? or high def recording?

this has 720p recording H.264, records to SD/SDHC and is only $180..but it is a no-name brand. and lol i just noticed has NO optical zoom. haha.

this one is the same brand but it has 3x optical zoom at least. this records in .MOV quicktime. 1920x1080 (30fps) or 1280x720 (720p) at 60fps, has 90mb internal memory, supports SDHC

They don't have night vision. That's the main thing I need. I would rather have High deg using SD cards over a hard drive.

Night recording technology

Lets you capture digital photos and video in low-light situations.

?

That's not night vision. That's for recording in areas with low lighting, not complete darkness.

I need night vision so I could record things in complete darkness. I'm not getting extremely technical, but I hope you know what I mean.

Night recording technology

Lets you capture digital photos and video in low-light situations.

?

That's not night vision. That's for recording in areas with low lighting, not complete darkness.

I need night vision so I could record things in complete darkness. I'm not getting extremely technical, but I hope you know what I mean.

ahh ok :( sorry man.

well there doesnt seem to be much matching what u want on bestbuy...