Project: Ragdoll!?

Deji

I was bored out of my brains finding things to do when I opened my Endorphin (Similar to Euphoria which is used in GTAIV). I then noticed in the help files that it can export to 3Ds MAX readable format. Which would mean I could use Kams script to put it into San Andreas meaning Ragdoll animations for san andreas...

I've figured that it wouldn't be possible to make random animations according to the speed, gravity ect. of the situation. But it'd maybe be possible to create more realistic animations (Such as flailing when you fall) easily in endorphin and putting it into San Andreas.

The only problems are the fact that I'm crap with 3ds MAX and I cant figure out a way to make CJ's model be what the animation is effecting... To make the animation work properly, CJ would have to change into an endorphin character, but the endorphin characters are 200x bigger than CJ >.< and I'm so crap I can't even scale it down right in 3ds MAX...

IF I could make CJ properly fit an endorphin character (Basically replacing player.dff to fit an endorphin-like dff) I MAYBE could be able to apply the animations correctly to the character. Meaning... One realistic ragdoll animation... But at the moment I can't even think that far ahead.

Shame that the physics of SA are hard-coded, if there was a way, I could actually turn them into ragdoll physics I think :coolthumbup:

I'm gunna keep looking at details of San Andreas, 3Ds and Endorphin to see if I can find out some more about doing this. If anyone is good with 3ds max... I could use your help :)

I wouldn't even need to edit carls dff... If I could only make endorphin read carls bone structure properly (Like it does in 3ds) but instead, it seems to convert to their characters or something... I'll mess with the export settings to see what I can do...

• 3 months later...

Well there are some people working on it so everybody who wants to help them go to

http://www.gtagarage.com/discussion/topic.php?id=521

Not completely ragdoll but a guy Maciel has moded his peds.ifp with some animations

from GTAIV and JuarezSoares made some freefall CLEO Script and he's working on a project

to convert San Andreas to somewhat a GTAIV copy

Edited by klintmane

This is the problem with most popular games out now. Everyone wants better graphics, higher resolution, more polygons rendered per millisecond, and real world physics in a neat engine. But then you are forced to buy the better machine. You need a PC that can handle all that with the graphics card as well. I am not knocking high performance machines, I am just saying the industry really needs to focus on plot lines and things to keep the user playing the game again and again. Eye candy without substance is called Fireworks.

To give you a good example; "Splinter Cell Chaos Theory" is much better than "Rainbow Six 3" why? They both came from Ubisoft and are both Tom Clancey titles. But SCCT has more depth to the plot than the RS3. You are constantly finding more things to do. I went over each mission a dozen times with SCCT and when I got done with a RS3 mission I was feeling like "damn glad that's over". There are slight differences in graphics and cut scenes, but I could live with poor graphics and faulty physics. Just give me a decent AI who doesn't just stand there and get shot and stand there some more. This is only one example where a game bests another game by substance and not graphics.

But to get back at the engine used. In my opinion, it does not matter if you used the old Quake engine to make a video game. As long as you have the textures and good storyline people will play it again and again.

JAB B)

This is the problem with most popular games out now. Everyone wants better graphics, higher resolution, more polygons rendered per millisecond, and real world physics in a neat engine. But then you are forced to buy the better machine. You need a PC that can handle all that with the graphics card as well. I am not knocking high performance machines, I am just saying the industry really needs to focus on plot lines and things to keep the user playing the game again and again. Eye candy without substance is called Fireworks.

JAB B)

FULL POINT!!!

I probably won't even bother w/ the PC versions of GTA4 or Saint's Row 2 because of the Money I would have to spend

upgrading my PC (works great for GTASA) just to play them.

Would also point out that animations will only mimic ragdoll physics. For true ragdoll physics you need a game engine

made for it.

Does a USB mouse work on an X360?

Dudes im not trying to say that we are gonna copy GTA4 or something.San Andreas is unique and for my opinion even better than Gta4 because i have both.Do you remember when they made ragdoll possible on half-life 1????They never thought it possible but it came alive.Everybody enjoyed it.So I'm not offending San Andreas.What if we only make it better????

Btw the animations won't require a lot of hardware.You wont need a high end machine.It's only an edited peds.ifp surely with a bigger size

FULL POINT!!!

I probably won't even bother w/ the PC versions of GTA4 or Saint's Row 2 because of the Money I would have to spend

upgrading my PC (works great for GTASA) just to play them.

Would also point out that animations will only mimic ragdoll physics. For true ragdoll physics you need a game engine

made for it.

Does a USB mouse work on an X360?

Me too. That or my Dad will have to win the Lottery for me. I don't know about the XB 360 my cousin has one I could ask him the next time I see him. My Dad is into PC's for business machines and thinks graphics cards are frivolous. I am looking at upgrading my PC with buying a bare bones kit for $99 that gives me another tower, MB, and memory. But I can't go to work until this summer when school gets out. IF I CAN FIND A JOB.

Dudes im not trying to say that we are gonna copy GTA4 or something.San Andreas is unique and for my opinion even better than Gta4 because i have both.Do you remember when they made ragdoll possible on half-life 1????They never thought it possible but it came alive.Everybody enjoyed it.So I'm not offending San Andreas.What if we only make it better????

Btw the animations won't require a lot of hardware.You wont need a high end machine.It's only an edited peds.ifp surely with a bigger size

I wasn't knocking the high performance PC's or engines just pointing out that too much time and money is dedicated to "eye candy". I have another excellent example both XBOX titles I have in my collection. True Crime NYC and GTA SA which would you rather play? Both have good graphics, physics, and games play is almost the same. The mission and plots are where they differ and that is why people like to play GTA. I still dust off NYC but the worst is the Streets of LA. I mean you end up fighting Chinese ghosts, zombies and a dragon. wtf? I also have Half-Life 2 for my XBOX and while I enjoy playing all my games I can't help but think they need to improve the AI a lot. There is no rolling and ducking for cover they stand there like their skin is bullet proof.

Best of luck, figuring out the rag-doll physics, but I am just saying, I like a game with intelligence.

JAB B)