Have any people actually played GTA4 on PC?

anthill581

I heard that the graphic effect is not good for PC. For 8800U, the frame number is only 20.

You mean 8800 Ultra, right? If I'm not mistaken, that is a VERY powerful card, I don't understand how it could only get 20 FPS. Maybe at a higher resolution, such as 2560x1600.

Yeah for that graphics card, probably if you had a 8800GT you'd see a better difference in the frame rates. I haven't got the game yet, gonna have to wait till tomorrow since I live in the UK.

8800GT is mid-range, 8800 Ultra is more higher however the Ultra is overpriced and a bit old now.

goddamn mother#@$@#% i finally finished downloading 18gb from D2D and im playing it on my quad core, I shut off 2 and 3 processors to test how it would work. I swear to god this has to be a lesson 4 me, any time over 6 gb of download - im running to a game shop to grab myself a hard copy. DLing and waiting for 6 hrs to finish is just epic booooooooooooolshit

It works alright. 1 core = 15-25FPS.

2 core = 25 - 35 fps

3 = ? Never tried

4 core = 40 ~ 60 fps

Q6600 @ 2.4ghz

6 gb ram

8800GT 512

500gb hdd

Just like when Doom 3 first came out, the game outdid the systems @ that time & now that game looks like a joke and practically runs on any mid level performance machines perfectly. Pretty soon people will start tweaking their systems accordingly to this game too and eventually GTA IV graphics and system requirements will be laughable.

• 2 weeks later...
I think I will manage to play today. I think the game will run pretty good on max settings.

No it won't. Sorry to burst your bubble but the game is written so no one gets to play at max. That's for the next-gen stuff that hasn't even been though of yet. That's according to Michael Hoare the lead man at Rockstar Toronto. I have a 280GTX 1024Mb and I was lucky to not hit low teens while speeding or alot of action. Surprizingly they claim it's the CPU and that the video ram load is rather light.

Now you can take this with a grain of salt because the game no longer runs at all on my machine after the patch. But prior to the patch it would run an average of 15 minutes before it crashed with the resc10 error. Which is out of video ram. Very strange happenings in this game. Coded like nothing we've ever seen before and hopefully never again.

Wish I'd have got a different game til all this blows over. If it ever does.