0x00000024 (SOLVED)

GTAsoldier

:pissedred:

As many of you know, I ordered a new computer. (See my sig.) I have it now. I wanted to upgrade it to SP3 because it felt that it was not updated. So I put in my XP install disk and went through. When it restarted, every time the Windows XP logo shows up, this happens:

3882-500-345.jpg

I tried the Recovery console, I tried everything else. And this keeps on coming. I can't even operate the damn thing. So I called CyberPower and they said somethin along the lines of: "the XP Service Pack 3 install disk works around nearly everything in the system, and since I didn't install a floppy drive, that could be the proble. An external USB drive could solve this. Or removing 1GB of memory may help"

Will it? Can you guys give me other help? PLEEEASSSE????

EDIT: Or what about disabling the SATA on the BIOs? Is that safe?

Edited by GTAsoldier

:)

haha sweet.

LOL, bsod's are not that big a deal. Its better to get a BSOD than a PC that wont turn on, at least the BSOD tells you some shit about the problem, then from there you use the best tool ever (google) and find your problem. Then fix it. rather than pay $$$ to geeksquad or some $100/hr pc technician :) saving money = good

I'm curious, was it that exact BSOD (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) or you just found a pic of BSOD ?