SAMI

tessathiel

SAMI program Sucks ass...i spent hours on it trying to figure out how to do something and i still ain't finish doin it......................they say it is easy, easy my ass. it has caused me problems since i downloaded it, which was the ONLY easy thing about it...

can anyone help, or atleast stear me to another program...i don't just want to do cars...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SAMI program Sucks ass...i spent hours on it trying to figure out how to do something and i still ain't finish doin it......................they say it is easy, easy my ass. it has caused me problems since i downloaded it, which was the ONLY easy thing about it...

can anyone help, or atleast stear me to another program...i don't just want to do cars...

What in the hell are you talking??

Its my favourite and easy program to install vehicles and SAMI scripts.

What are you stucked up on,

Exactly what ¢נ 4 ζフ 乇√乇尺 said.

If you're having problems, give us details on your problems. What is happening that is giving you this problem? Error code? Nothing happening? Just us a screenshot and maybe what mod you're installing and that way, we can help you easier. ;)

Well, if you're trying to install a vehicle, you can always use IMG Tool, which is a little more complicated than SAMI.

Exactly what ¢נ 4 ζフ 乇√乇尺 said.

If you're having problems, give us details on your problems. What is happening that is giving you this problem? Error code? Nothing happening? Just us a screenshot and maybe what mod you're installing and that way, we can help you easier. ;)

Well, if you're trying to install a vehicle, you can always use IMG Tool, which is a little more complicated than SAMI.

IMG fileis usally used but its manual.

As said by NOTYOUHAHA

Hell complicated as its manual and SAMI is automatic.

And SAMI installs your Vehicle MOD and SAMI scripts clean.

And SAMI warns you if the file is coruppted.

even if the mods i find are only one file? i can see the file being corrupt, but how much of a difference would putting a single file into a folder make?

Can you give me the error message? Either type it out of take a screenshot.

And putting a non-vehicle mod in a folder just 'works' for me, I don't know how & why, but it just does. :D

----

If it's the one below, you have to use IMG Tool to install the mod. It is not compatible with SAMI.

Picture001-1.jpg

even if the mods i find are only one file? i can see the file being corrupt, but how much of a difference would putting a single file into a folder make?

And putting a non-vehicle mod in a folder just 'works' for me, I don't know how & why, but it just does. :D

----

If it's the one below, you have to use IMG Tool to install the mod. It is not compatible with SAMI.

Picture001-1.jpg

that is the message that pops up

----

Picture001-1.jpg

that is the message that pops up

Read my post:

"You have to use IMG Tool to install the mod. It is not compatible with SAMI."

You can do it yourself, just follow these instructions:

Installing Mods

There are a number of ways you can install mods. The first is manually (using the dffs and txds), and another is using GGMM (GTA Garage Mod Manager) which is an quicker way to install mods

Manually Installing a car into San Andreas PC v1

This is the most common and popular type of modding, for one of the most popular games of all time.

The basic steps are as follows:

Download and extract the mod, replace the DFF and TXD into gta3.img (If backing up, rename the files you are replacing in gta3.img first, for example, from dumper.dff to dumper_old.dff), replace the lines in handling.cfg, carcols.dat, default.ide, vehicles.ide and carmods.dat (If such replacement files/lines are included in the mod), run the game and test the mod.

So...

1. Extract the mod file(s) to a folder...

2. Open GTA3.IMG with IMG Tool 2, and find the file you want to replace. Rename it for backup.

3. Use the Command/Add option and add the file you extracted in Step 1 to gta3.img.

If the mod has other files such as handling.cfg, carmods.dat, etc...you can simply add those files, but if have previously modified the files then you will need to only replace the required line or your other mods won't work. Open the files in your San Andreas/data folder with Notepad. Replace the lines. If you want to back up the files, copy the one you want to backup to your desktop, rename the one in the data folder (like handlingold.cfg) and move the one on your desktop back to the data folder) Use the regular one for mods.

4. Remember to backup the .dat, .cfg, and .ide files if they need modded.

5. Copy the lines to the files in the data folder.

If you have problems, give us the download link to the mod, and we'll be glad to help. :)

EDIT:

well, the ones i am finding only have .rar filenames

Download WinRAR and then you can open the .rar folder.

Edited by NotYouHaha

Winrar are files that extract the zipped folder which ever mod you download will be zipped to extract (spread) it you need winrar.

And if SAMI is installed then right click the winrar file and you will see a option called "INSATLL WITH SAMI"

But it should be a car containing both DFF & TXD files or it should have a SAMI script.

So if have a winrar just right click and install with SAMI.

Remember only cars with DFF & TXD or SAMI scripts

Now i hope u do know what is SAMI scripts? :lolbounce:

i somewhat know what sami script is, though i don't just want to install cars.

You haven't answered ANY OF MY QUESTIONS.

What do you want us to do? What mod are you installing?

Give me some answers please. I don't gain any info about what you want from "i somewhat know what sami script is, though i don't just want to install cars." I know you've come onto the forums for a reason.

(Sorry all for the big font).

sry...i am trying to get a 100% save game, that superman mod, and that teleporting mod
sry...i am trying to get a 100% save game, that superman mod, and that teleporting mod

Are they SAMI scripts.If no, then you can't install it through SAMI.

Just read the instructions. I downloaded the Superman mod, and it says use IMG Tool, and very detailed instructions. Just follow them!