How to get DVD+VR Read by PC

_Ray

I was recording a VHS onto a DVD for backup with my DVD player. I was using a DVD+R disc, and the video plays fine on my player. However, it will NOT play in any other normal DVD player or my PC. When I put it in my PC, my DVD-RAM Drive (F:) suddenly says CD Drive (F:) and when I click on it, it says 'Incorrect Function'.

I'm pretty sure that it has to do with the fact that my DVD Player apparently records in DVD+VR format. Wikipedia says it shoul dbe able to play in normal DVD players, but it won't.

How do I get this to play in a normal DVD player, and if possible/ more importantly, how do I get it to play on my PC so that I can rip it to my HDD?

Thanks,

Raybob

P.S., This is an EXTRAORDINARILY IMPORTANT video, so any and all information would be appreciated.

dvd vr, yeah as you said / wikipedia says its just a regular dvd with video on it... but this says different.

its weird that your DVD drive doesnt read it.

i did a bit of googling, it seems that some drives just cant read DVD-VR...

A possible solution for converting your VHS to DVD would be to buy a TV tuner with composite (yellow,white,red) inputs and record it in to your PC then burn to DVD.

dvd vr, yeah as you said / wikipedia says its just a regular dvd with video on it... but this says different.

its weird that your DVD drive doesnt read it.

i did a bit of googling, it seems that some drives just cant read DVD-VR...

A possible solution for converting your VHS to DVD would be to buy a TV tuner with composite (yellow,white,red) inputs and record it in to your PC then burn to DVD.

Yeah, I'm getting a new PC in a week with a TV Tuner, so that's what I'll do. And really? I know what Composite is. ;) And my tuner technically has Analog Audio and S-Video in, but it has a Composite Video to S-Video adapter.