WD MyBook World drive issues...

WRX22B1998

OK so problem goes like this. Network drive just doesnt get found any more, i go to access it and it works for a minute or two then the connection is lost. not because of the cables or anything like that, its all still plugged in, just doesnt wanna be found. anyway, now i've opened the thing up, taken the drive out, bought a USB 3.5" SATA enclosure, drive in, connected up etc. Now i plug it in, and i get nothing in my computer although it recognized the device, there's a "safe remove" icon. In disk management this is what comes up ...

wdj09.jpg

The top 4 partitions which are for this drive, says theres 4 partitions and all are empty ... this thing has around 250gb of the 500 used up so dunno why it says this. Any ideas ?

Edited by WRX22B1998

I didnt partition it dude ... thats how it was when i plugged it in. Although when it was running on the network, you dont see partitions, i just mapped one drive to \\mybookworld\public, and it just was there as one 450something gb drive.

yeah its like half full, like 5 seasons of office, plus like another like 20+ seasons of various other shows...and like 50 movies, a full backup of my laptop, heaps of games, annnddd all the videos off our video camera for like 1.5years. gonna take it into work and see if we can fix it.

lol if it was empty i wouldnt even bother with a thread i'd just delete all the partitions and make one big one and format...this is giving me the sh!ts though :pissedred:

Edited by WRX22B1998

pwobwem solved :)

it ended up that it was in some linux format (fdfs) , so got a red hat install and am copying all the data off. only thing is linux doesnt support NTFS sooo we gotta format a disk as FAT32 to copy it onto, THEN format my original drive as NTFS and copy it all through windows. hoooray lol.