Left 4 Dead 2

Iconoclast

293ccpf.jpg

Details:

* Survivors: Nick, Ellis, Rochelle, and the Coach.

* Missions played in daylight only.

* Witch behaves differently during the day and wanders around like an old homeless woman.

* New weapons: silenced SMG, though no changes in NPC behavior.

* Stronger narrative thread to connect the campaigns.

* Savannah campaign where "the zombie infection hasn't hit yet".

* Instead of a Last Stand-type finale, survivors may have to fight through a hazard-filled highway.

* Director can change the layout of the map.

* New boss infected: The Charger.

* Incindiery ammo.

* Plenty of melee weapons.

IGN Preview

Videos

I was surprised not to find a L4D2 topic here. Discuss.

Edited by Alien Warlock

Left 4 Dead is one of the games I am most looking forward to this year! I loved L4D so I cant wait to get my hands on the game. My favorite melee weapon shown so far has to be the katanna. New SI look great, charger is a beast and the Spitter is a great addition to counter act corner camping. There hasnt been too much info at the moment about the newest SI, the Jockey, but he looks like a lot of fun to play in versus. So many new weapons, features, ect. :awesome: BTW there is one campgain that takes place at Night its "Fever Swamp".

Left 4 Dead is one of the games I am most looking forward to this year! I loved L4D so I cant wait to get my hands on the game. My favorite melee weapon shown so far has to be the katanna. New SI look great, charger is a beast and the Spitter is a great addition to counter act corner camping. There hasnt been too much info at the moment about the newest SI, the Jockey, but he looks like a lot of fun to play in versus. So many new weapons, features, ect. :awesome: BTW there is one campgain that takes place at Night its "Fever Swamp".

That's cool, that there's a swamp level. I really like all those zombie/mutant filled swamps. But it looks more like Twilight than night, but maybe it is night.

I think there are Day and Night cycles, or you can choose the setting while starting the campaign. Any idea if the Special infected from L4D will be included in L4D2 along with the new ones?

All in total 6 playable SI in versus and the all new game mode. Of couse they are going to be re-skined though because according to Valve not many people were hoddies in the South (hunter).

lol L4D2 got banned in aus (refused classification)

that shit always happens here lol. if it wasnt a steam game it wouldnt really matter, like manhunt 2 for example.

just noticed evo posted the same thing above. oh wells. tbh i dont really care cos i never much liked the first one.

Edited by WRX22B1998

Well Valve will be releasing an update with an all new map for L4D called 'Crash Course. I never really figured out what kept me going back to the game, besides because it was fun. I think it was because more than any other game out there it required A LOT of teamwork. Eg: you cant just run ahead, but you have to work together. Unlike a lot of other games were you just rambo it, shoot this, shoot that...ect.

Well Valve will be releasing an update with an all new map for L4D called 'Crash Course. I never really figured out what kept me going back to the game, besides because it was fun. I think it was because more than any other game out there it required A LOT of teamwork. Eg: you cant just run ahead, but you have to work together. Unlike a lot of other games were you just rambo it, shoot this, shoot that...ect.

Crash Course

Just knew it;

L4D2 boycotting blowhards. Maybe now they'll stop bitching..

Yeah I really dont like the boycotters. In fact I created a topic about the L4D boycott a while back. You know the two leaders of the boycott got invited to Valve HQ and got to meet the developers and see L4D2!! Even after they got to see how awesome L4D2, the boycotters still have remained in the the group. Hopefully after Crash Course is realised the boycott will slowy die out. Back on topic: that sucks for anyone who is living in AU, and wanted to get a copy of the game.