My PC Wont Run GTAIV!

Motel

Well, I wanted to run it but it always goes slow. Even with lowest graphics. Idk any NERDY CRAP so dont give me any of that. I want it simple.

WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM

SERVICE PACK 1

RAM : 4.00

System Type : 64-bit

Model : HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

Processor : Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T6400 @2.00GHz 2.00GHz

Now, if I need a new computer, please tell me. I want to buy a DESKTOP THIS TIME.. And around 500-600. I dont care what it looks like or what it smells like or anything! I just want it to run fast and play GTAIV. I dont like upgrading my PC or any of that. Nothing like putting in new stuff. I hate that. Just send me a new computer link to buy it.

• 3 weeks later...

Notebooks are (almost) impossible to upgrade, so it would be best for you to buy a new PC if it won't do what you need it to.

You wouldn't need anything TOO fancy to run GTA IV on slow settings - just a half-decent graphics card.

If you buy a desktop, get a decent well-known brand, and remember that you DO get what you pay for. Also remember that you'll probably want it to play decent games for a few years (2-5 years?), so it's worth spending a bit extra so that you don't need to buy yet another one next year to play GTA 5.

If you spend £200, don't expect it to play decent games. If you want something decent that will last, spend about £700. But you need to find what is right for you.

(My recommendation is that you talk it through with someone who DOES understand nerdy crap, to make sure you get what you need)

Some sample PCs you could buy:

£450 decent basic desktop (should play GTA IV on OK settings, but not future games) - link

£500 high-spec but not a well-known brand (quality could be low) - link

£600 decent all-rounder - link

£950 beast - link

• 3 weeks later...

You CAN play GTA IV with that laptop but i think your graphics card isnt that good. It CAN run GTA IV on lowest settings.

Heres what to do:

1.Create a notepad file and name it 'commandline' (without quotes) and put it in the main GTA IV folder.

2. Copy and paste this in it:

-renderquality 0 -shadowdensity 0 -texturequality 0 -viewdistance 0 -detailquality 0 -novblank -norestrictions -safemode -availablevidmem 2 -percentvidmem 100 -minspecaudio -novsync -renderquality 0 -frameLimit 30 -nomemrestrict

3. Play and enjoy!! :)

Edited by GTA SA Cheats

• 5 months later...