What GTA atmosphere do you prefer?

What GTA atmosphere do you prefer?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What GTA atmosphere do you prefer?

• Realistic
    • Over-The-Top

I think I'd prefer a realistic atmosphere rather than an over the top one. It depends on how much realism and "over-the-topness" you want though. Saints Row 3, for example, was definitely way too over-the-top for me; furries driving on the street and police in sports cars didn't seem right to me. On the other hand, I don't want a full-blown simulator, where real-life science and actualities are in the game.

A Grand Theft Auto that works like a Hollywood-styled movie would be great for me. What I mean is that many of the busted Hollywood-myths from Mythbusters would be in the game like lying on the ground avoids shrapnel from grenades. It should resemble real-life (without the minor details, ie. no RL car brands), with Hollywood-styled action underneath (explosions, chases, the sorts).

I guess that I actually would prefer neither realism or over-the-topness, but a nice balance between the two?

I think I'd prefer a realistic atmosphere rather than an over the top one. It depends on how much realism and "over-the-topness" you want though. Saints Row 3, for example, was definitely way too over-the-top for me; furries driving on the street and police in sports cars didn't seem right to me. On the other hand, I don't want a full-blown simulator, where real-life science and actualities are in the game.

A Grand Theft Auto that works like a Hollywood-styled movie would be great for me. What I mean is that many of the busted Hollywood-myths from Mythbusters would be in the game like lying on the ground avoids shrapnel from grenades. It should resemble real-life (without the minor details, ie. no RL car brands), with Hollywood-styled action underneath (explosions, chases, the sorts).

I guess that I actually would prefer neither realism or over-the-topness, but a nice balance between the two?

I 100% agree with you mate. There has to be a certain amount of realism and over-the-top gameplay in order to greate the perfect GTA game. Too much over-the-top gameplay will spoil things, while too much realism will also spoil things. All future GTA games should be similar to The Ballad of Gay Tony - balanced between over-the-top and realistic gameplay. Get the balance right, GTA V could be the greatest TPS game ever created.