Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 Core System

YoungCarl

I know theres two different kind of versions for the Xbox 360 but could anybody specifically tell me the differeces between the two? Like does the Xbox 360 Core System have all the graphics and whatnot of the regular Xbox 360?

The Xbox 360 and 360 core system are exactly the same in terms of what you can do with them-play games, watch DvDs, etc... The core system doesn't come with all the accessories as the $400 one does though.

Xbox 360 ($400, white box):

Xbox 360 system

20GB Hard Drive

Wireless Controller

Media Remote

HD/Regular AV cables

Xbox Live Headset

Xbox 360 Core ($300, green box, freakin ripoff):

Xbox 360 system

Wired Controller

Regular AV cables

So as you can see, the core system is a complete ripoff, opt for the white box, because if you buy the core and plan to buy all the accessories that come with the white box later, you'll spend over $500. Also, the hard drive is required to play original Xbox games like Halo 2, because to play each original Xbox game on the 360, you have to download a software emulator from Xbox Live, which requires the hard drive.

I know theres two different kind of versions for the Xbox 360 but could anybody specifically tell me the differeces between the two? Like does the Xbox 360 Core System have all the graphics and whatnot of the regular Xbox 360?

It isn't two different versions of the Xbox. There is two differen't BOX SETS. One is just the 360, a WIRED controller, etc. The essentials. The 400 dollar package comes with the supposed 100 dollar HDD((and it's only 100 dollars more, so that alone is worth it)), and a wireless controller, etc. Upgraded stuff. They are both THE SAME EXACT SYSTEM. I repeat, the SAME EXACT SYSTEM. The price difference is because of accessories. They wouldn't release a downgraded system, that's just stupid.

OKOKOKOK i read you loud and clear!! so what would you guys recommend me getting?
So as you can see, the core system is a complete ripoff, opt for the white box, because if you buy the core and plan to buy all the accessories that come with the white box later, you'll spend over $500. Also, the hard drive is required to play original Xbox games like Halo 2, because to play each original Xbox game on the 360, you have to download a software emulator from Xbox Live, which requires the hard drive.

;)

The most expensive option is better, if you got the simple core package what you would have to buy in the extras like a hard drive would cost you more that the more expensive option. And here in the UK its only 70 pounds more for the better option so we are getting over 100 pounds worth of stuff for

70 pounds, which is a good deal.