Forum Re-shuffle

Chris

Done a bit of late spring cleaning on the forums today.

First of all I wrote some better forum descriptions for a few that had bad grammar. (oops)

Secondly, the Liberty City Stories forum has now been split into sub-forums, like the main GTA games are, it had become quite clogged up. Now it is a lot easier to find topics relating to certain things.

Thirdly, in the GTA3 and GTAVC forums, I deleted the Screenshots forum in both of those as they were pretty useless, the topics inside those forums have been moved to General GTA3 discussion and General VC discussion respectively.

Finally, the thing you've probably already noticed is the fact the forums have been re-ordered. before you start complaining that you can't find anything I'll explain why I did it. All the GTA forums are now above the general chat forums. We are a GTA forum, the main focus of our forums is discussion of Grand Theft Auto, therefore these forums are more important than general chatter.

The "General" category has now been renamed to Community. I also moved the suggestions forum down there as that is also part of community input.

You'll get used to the slightly changed layout soon enough. Also our custom forum skin is almost finished, so by tomorrow you will all see it, it's just like the main site, so everything all looks nice and integrated now.

Yeah it's looking good. Having the GTA forums higher up is certainly an improvement, but the Community section still seems clogged up. There are too many irrelevant subforums. The Trading Stalls hasnt been posted in since February, but is it really gonna be used more? And is the webring any use? Isn't imo.

And some more changes...

Forum fun and games + gaming chat have been moved back inside the general discussion sub forum.

The trading stalls wasn't being used as we don't have a fully functional store at the moment, but since most dealt with graphics I just deleted the forum and moved all the topics to the creativity forum.

The webring was always open to abuse and did get abused by some people, this just game the mods even more work to do. So I've deleted that forum, any topics that were in there have been moved to the lounge.

However, we no longer allow advertising anywhere. If you have a site with something cool and unique on it (maybe not even related to GTA) then you may post it. Otherwise find a dedicated web development forum and show it off there. You can post links to your own sites in your signature.

Thank you.