Please Help

dragonsurfer

Please Help.(pentium 4, 1gb ram xp sp2 nvidia 6200). I have San Andreas(version1.0), with several working car mods, and am using no-cdpatch. I have worked out many gameplay bugs and game is running good except this--During the cutscene for the Burning Desire mission, I get a Black screen just when cj is about to exit the cafe after talking to tenpenny. I can't do anything and have to reboot to get back to windows. Strangely enough, if I hold Alt and Tab, I can see the mouse cursor, but can't hear or see anything else. I've searched forums for hours trying to find a solution for this crash. Please help. Thank you in advance

Any chance you have the HotCoffee mod installed? I've heard that messes with it.

I don't think I have the hot coffee mod installed. all I ever installed was vehicle mods. Anyways the only crashes I've read that other people had were towards the end of this mission while mine was at the begining. I don't know if this makes a difference though.

If you havn't tried this maybe you need to re-install it. I'm noty really smart with this type of stuff but that worked for my friend.

Can I reinstall it without affecting my mods or my save games?

Yeah, mods will need re-installment but i'm unsure about your total save game file. How far are you? But there is always the option of getting a saved file after that particular mission.

Edited by Nate10

If you havn't tried this maybe you need to re-install it. I'm noty really smart with this type of stuff but that worked for my friend.

Can I reinstall it without affecting my mods or my save games?

Yeah, mods will need re-installment but i'm unsure about your total save game file. How far are you? But there is always the option of getting a saved file after that particular mission.

It's reinstalling the mods that would be the hardest thing, and as for the game save it would just suck to have to play all the way to "burning desire" again only to see it crash in the same place during the cut scene.

Yeah, good job to corpal. If that works now you just need to re-download those mods... Hopefully it works.

I Fixed the problem! Thanx to everyone that tried to help. Heres what I did. I got to Thinking about the first response to my question, and I remembered that I did install the nude girlfriend patch v.2(the one that replaces peds.ide. Fortunately, I had an extra hard drive that I Had put a clean install of S.A. on just in case I messed it up with my mods or needed original files. So I popped in my Other Hard Drive, Transferred over the original Peds.ide file and Presto! No more crash. I hope my experiance helps other people solve their issues. And Thank You to Skyline for putting my train of thought in thr right direction. : :D