X-Files (OFFICIAL TOPIC)

Official X-Files Topic

FANS ONLY!

thexfilesiso1in2.jpg

The X-Files TV series was one of the most watched television series ever. It dealt with extra terrestrials, the super natural and basically anything out of the ordinary. Through out the series Fox Mulder(David Duchovny) and Dana Scully(Gillian Anderson) seek for the truth, knowing that "The truth is out there". Mulder joined the FBI seeking for the truth after college, where he was known as "Creepy Mulder", a less creative nickname. Not long after, Mulder was assigned to "The X-Files", an off branch from the FBI that took extra terrestrial and super natural cases. Later down the road, Dana Scully was assigned to work by Mulder's side, supposedly to get the X-Files shut down. While they worked together, Scully found that a lot of what Mulder searches for doesn't seem logical but at the end finds that there are possibilities for certain phanominoms to happen. The series went on for nine great years, ending with Mulder finding out about the truth.

xfcast1pe9.jpg

There is rumor now that Fox is trying to get the series back on and possibly Chris Carter is planning on having another X-Files movie.

I always loved the X-Files series and I began to collect the DVDs and so far got seasons 1, 7, 8 and 9.

TOPIC RULES:

-FANS ONLY!

-Don't come in here saying stupid things such as "I used to watch it but don't like it anymore." or "That stuff is all fake, I never liked X-Files or anything else like it." This topic is for people that want to discuss about the X-Files series, not when you last saw it or why you don't like it.

-Don't criticise people that post in here about the series.

-ONLY TALK ABOUT THE X-FILES SERIES!!! such as "I always loved the ones that dealt with Extra Terrestrial life forms, I always found that stuff to be interesting."

I always loved the ones that dealt with Extra Terrestrial life forms, I always found that stuff to be interesting. Ha Ha im stealing your sentence. But really if they make a movie i will be really happy.

LOL yeah, we were just talking about that on MSN last night. I hope to see a second X-Files movie as well. Anyone that wants to have another X-Files movie, sign the petition.

http://xf2themovie.com/

I know that you already did Dazza. :thumbsup:

I like it, although its not on english tv anymore :( I was suprised when robert patrick joined up, I couldn't shake the terminator image from my head when he was in an episode. I don't remember much about it now, I last watched it about 3 or 4 years ago.

Well that sucks that they don't show it over there for you guys anymore. Go out and buy it on DVD. Luckily for my, I started watching X-Files, with Robert Patrick(John Doggett), before I even saw the Terminator with him in it.

Anyways, you should get it on DVD, amazing series.

I liked it, I even read one of the X-Files books, the one about the killer bees. But I don't watch it anymore. It doesn't air on australian tv.

I don't know if I'd see a new X-Files movie. What about the finale where Mulder finds out the truth? What would have happened to that if another movie comes out? Also, Mulder and Scully would have to be played by the same people. I liked those actors.

I liked it, I even read one of the X-Files books, the one about the killer bees. But I don't watch it anymore. It doesn't air on australian tv.

I don't know if I'd see a new X-Files movie. What about the finale where Mulder finds out the truth? What would have happened to that if another movie comes out? Also, Mulder and Scully would have to be played by the same people. I liked those actors.

I don't know why they only show it in the U.S. now but the 2nd movie was said to come out just this passing summer, but Chris Carter ran into a lawsuit with Fox. Carter is sueing Fox for something but don't know what. David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson already said yes to the 2nd movie. It's just a matter of time before they start shooting the movie. Last year, or maybe 2005, Carter said he had a story thought up but hasn't written it yet, which hopefully already has been since then. They were saying that the whole Alien extra terrestrial thing is done and they're gonna move on to monsters, beast or something of that sort...can't really remember what they said but it was along the lines of that.

I think they might still air it on Foxtel here in australia but only on the Sci-fi channel (its pay-tv for everyone outside of Australia) but im gonna ring channel 10 and ask them if they could repaet it for us.

We get it here on Sci-Fi every once and a while. We mostly get it on TBS around 2 to 3 in the morning for 2 hours I think. I watched it over the summer but now since I have school I can't stay up that late. So I just watch the DVDs I have.

What kind of storyline would you guys like to see in a new X-Files movie or to continue the TV series? Try to keep it on the same track as the old one...sorta like a sequal to the first set of the series. Since they always end the seasons with a memorable moment and follow it with a new season starting from that point or a little after, what do you think they would continue after what you saw in the last episode?