Should I buy an XBOX360 or PS3 to play GTA IV?

Alistair

Well somebody is a mister rich-pants!!!!! That is one serious card, and you have two of them?? Nah, I don't believe you!

It's a Jeantech Nix:

http://jeantech.com/nix.htm

(Mine looks a lot blacker, glossier, and better than the poor-quality picture, and it's ultra-blue lights everywhere :D bling!

No its true, and im NOT RICH, which is funny cuz i got a GREAT deal. First, the company that i bought my new computer from a short while back gave me a 60 percent discount on anything i wanted if the price was higher than 1,500 (or something like that, i dont remember exactly) and i figured that i should go for the highest thing they got, so i got the fireGL. Then my cousin who works at ATI (yeah i usually get minor free stuff, hes been working there for 4 and half years about, but he has cancer so he is not working right now, but hes gonna go back) got a promotion and got to take home a few things. He told me about it, because me and my brother are usually the people he gives the stuff to when he doesnt take them (he doesnt have much of a family besides us,) and i told him to give me another one of those. I was sortof kidding and i think he thought i was crazy when i asked him. but LUCKILY FOR ME!!!!! the next time he came to my house he said (like usual, never any new lines from him,) "i gots you a present!" in a crazy voice. and i was like OMG! so i went outside to his car and he brought out firegl box. I sortof think that his boss is like a god. Very nice man. i met him a few years go. So after i got that, all i needed was a SLI. so we went to frys and got SLI, hooked it up to my computer, overclocked, then started running. and its crazy and powerful as hell. I can run counterstrike, SA, and oblivion at the same time (it does get SORTA laggy, but hardly even noticeable until i run the task manager.)

@ Tilly: I don't know alot about ATI, but I don't think that G-card was actually designed for gaming, but it's expensive as hell.

Nope, its not, im sure nobody in their right mind would ever buy it for gaming. unless they had a discount like me. Its more for big server type things. Computers that CANNOT go down or get slow. Like radio/TV stations.

Your story is STILL hardly believable, and having a lot of VRAM isn't going to make your computer magically run fast. There's no way in hell you were running Oblivion, SA, and CS at the same time. How much RAM do you have?

And that card, is for CAD and the likes. Heavy 3D modeling and shit.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic