resolution w/ tv/monitor

jessecamp

i have a 26" tv/monitor setup right...and i start playing and after a few minutes i get strange blocks showing up but the game doesn't crash...is there a way i could lower anything, or adjust something so i can play^# it's killing me, im dying to play without fixing my resolution every minute so i can see what is going on..

untitledwn7.png

idk what other stats you need..and laugh if you must with my gen 2 buts she reliable

sdacd9.png

i remember like 3 years ago i ran vice city np, i know its a big difference but i had this huge skin pack i downloaded off limewire which changed every vehicle/plane/person EVERYTHING and i didn't have a problem..alright enough stories, can you tell me what i can do?

Graphic card?

OR

Change your settings.

yeah i'm dumb, where can i find that?

i've changed the settings to basically every possibility though idk what to set the majority of the stuff to so i have the ideal setup.

Edited by jessecamp

Put the settings to the lowest.

For graphic card follow these steps.

1) Go to your desktop

2) Right click on a blank space.

3) Click on Settings.

4) Copy the details, for mine it is NVIDIA GeForce 73000GS

yeah i had already lowered my fx to low...

god this sounds like a little bitch graphics card

nvidia geforce fx 2500

may help to add..

for my desktop my res. is 1024 by 768 and on s.a. im set to widescreen since im on a tv and shiz.

Edited by jessecamp

i got my old 19" monitor, i tried to set it up..so i restart my comp. it shows up until right before the login screen, it shwos the windows loading screen and everything but then turns black..

idk what to do! i want toplay!

and no wonder when i turned widescreen off it didn't get mesed up for five minutes.

Edited by jessecamp

You could have a computer with abs. kick ass specs, but it's no good for gaming without a half decent card. should know.. -_-

Ahh, the old 9250.. you've served me well, shame in about a month you'll be replaced by the far superior Nvidia and frisbeed into a burning cesspool of hell, where you will melt and be punished for you dreadful sins...

Ayway, what?

Yeah, that's the one thing the manufacturers tend to skimp on when you buy a PC. New card, bu hunky dory. Try playing out of widesceen, or windowed for a temp. solution.

You could have a computer with abs. kick ass specs, but it's no good for gaming without a half decent card. should know.. -_-

Ahh, the old 9250.. you've served me well, shame in about a month you'll be replaced by the far superior Nvidia and frisbeed into a burning cesspool of hell, where you will melt and be punished for you dreadful sins...

Ayway, what?

Yeah, that's the one thing the manufacturers tend to skimp on when you buy a PC. New card, bu hunky dory. Try playing out of widesceen, or windowed for a temp. solution.

im in emerson nj 07630

budget? too low..im working on this bahemeth

l_88cb16c2b3aa421e2bf58b40811304e3.jpg

haha, probably 40 maybe fifty if its nessacary..truck parts are os much $$$$

Ayway, what?

True about needing the video card, but nVidia cards are not superior atm. Wait until the end of April and get one of the new ATi R600 cards...all of which beat the shit out of the 8800 nVidias.

im in emerson nj 07630

budget? too low..im working on this bahemeth

l_88cb16c2b3aa421e2bf58b40811304e3.jpg

haha, probably 40 maybe fifty if its nessacary..truck parts are os much $$$$

Where you live is irrelevant, you can just get a good graphics card from Newegg.com, and don't buy from Dell, they suck ass.

You don't NEED a really good graphics card to play SA. I always managed to play on a shitty 64mb card integrated into my laptop motherboard - hard to get any worse, yet it all ran fine. Just keep SA at a low resolution (options, video options, advanced) like 800x600x32 and don't have the quality set to "high".

If it still happens take it down as low as you can - something like 600x400x16 on "very low" - if you still get the problem with that then there'll be a problem with the game, such as a mod not installed properly or something. Any graphics card with a Gig of ram will be able to handle that.

You don't NEED a really good graphics card to play SA. I always managed to play on a shitty 64mb card integrated into my laptop motherboard - hard to get any worse, yet it all ran fine. Just keep SA at a low resolution (options, video options, advanced) like 800x600x32 and don't have the quality set to "high".

If it still happens take it down as low as you can - something like 600x400x16 on "very low" - if you still get the problem with that then there'll be a problem with the game, such as a mod not installed properly or something. Any graphics card with a Gig of ram will be able to handle that.

well which one should i get hten

True about needing the video card, but nVidia cards are not superior atm. Wait until the end of April and get one of the new ATi R600 cards...all of which beat the shit out of the 8800 nVidias.

Well superior to MY Card. Thanks for the heads up by the way, and works well, since i'm running an AMD processor. End of april, jeez, that's not too long..

Thanks a bunch! ^_^

Well superior to MY Card. Thanks for the heads up by the way, and works well, since i'm running an AMD processor. End of april, jeez, that's not too long..

Thanks a bunch! ^_^

my question is, how come someoneelse can ggt away with an even lower graphics card and i can't?