PC Game "The Sims" Heading for the Big Screen

CroScorpion

Thank you Spaz, most games that have had a movie made had the same plot line, just with actors instead of game animations.

Now The Sims main plot is the Goth's. But if they make a movie, it wouldn't be The Sims anymore, it would ruin the games name. It would have to be something like Bella's Story.

Now OGTAM, that's what I ment.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Spaz, most games that have had a movie made had the same plot line, just with actors instead of game animations.

Now The Sims main plot is the Goth's. But if they make a movie, it wouldn't be The Sims anymore, it would ruin the games name. It would have to be something like Bella's Story.

Now OGTAM, that's what I ment.

It could also be about the Landgrabb or the Smith family. There are a lot of stories within the Sims video games, you just have to pay attention. If you guys still don't believe me that they could make a decent movie out of this, I'll right up a small script of what they could do.

Regardless, it's STILL hardly based on "The Sims" because The Sims is way more than any of those pre-existing families.

Now, if in this movie I could kill of characters at will, make new families, make them hate each other, download new objects, etc, then I'd be all for it. Unfortunately, that isn't exactly a possibility.

Regardless, it's STILL hardly based on "The Sims" because The Sims is way more than any of those pre-existing families.

Now, if in this movie I could kill of characters at will, make new families, make them hate each other, download new objects, etc, then I'd be all for it. Unfortunately, that isn't exactly a possibility.

So wait, you want the movie to be interactive like a video game...??? Why would Sims have to be like this??? Why not any of the other movies made from video games?

So wait, you want the movie to be interactive like a video game...??? Why would Sims have to be like this??? Why not any of the other movies made from video games?

Because that type of control over everything is the exact point of The Sims. The storyline is NOT the point of them game. It is a virtual dollhouse, and that's what it is suppose to be. Not ORIGINALLY, but that's what it turned into.

But the interactivity in the movie is impossible. If accomplished, it would be a game, not a movie.

Because that type of control over everything is the exact point of The Sims. The storyline is NOT the point of them game. It is a virtual dollhouse, and that's what it is suppose to be. Not ORIGINALLY, but that's what it turned into.

But the interactivity in the movie is impossible. If accomplished, it would be a game, not a movie.

So then why shouldn't Resident Evil be an interactive movie like you think the Sims movie should be? And just to let you know, the PC versions are the only Sims games without a storyline you're supposed to follow.

Because Resident Evil actually has a storyline?

And the PC game was both the original and the best Sims game. I hardly consider the console versions Sim games.

Ohhhh, so just because, in your opinion, you think that the PC version of the Sims is better that the movie should be based off of that, but shouldn't because it doesn't have a storyline that players follow...ok, I get it... :erm: