PC Game "The Sims" Heading for the Big Screen

CroScorpion

Yeah, but I really hope they don't base it on the PSP version of the Sims 2...it sucked heaps...

Well I think they will because there was some info about the Goth and Smith family.

oh, and another thing...FIX YOUR SIG!!! It's too big(wide). :thumbsup:

It's not though :huh:

Anyways yeah it did, but it'll be wrong marketing. Base it on a PS2 or the Sims Life Stories, that'll be better.

That's what I've been saying they're going to do. They're going to base the movie off of all the storylines from every game whether it be on the PC, PS2 or whatever. Every game has a little piece of the storyline. You just have to put it together.

Edited by Original GTA Master

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
I have all of the games and it's pretty much life. They meet people, they get jobs, they have babies.....I dont want to watch a movie about life when I live life.

I also like action movies. Haha, I'd like to see what action is in this movie.

Haven't you ever paid attention to the neighbors that were already there and read their history and stuff? The Playstation Sims games have storylines that you could play through, which is what I think will be apart of the movie. You guys are just looking at what you do playing the game and not what the story is about. One of the main things that I think will be in the storyline is that

Bella never really got abducted and was really stranded at a gas station.

It was explained in the PSP version of the Sims 2.

I'll bet you your house it's going to be a gay movie.

I'm guessing cause the movie would be just really random and boring watching people live their lives. This has got to be one of the most stupidest movie ideas I've seen yet.... 0__0 I have no clue where they are going with this.

Edit: My bad just read what you think the movie is going to be about. I don't really see the essence of Sims in this plot, it's just more a random story about whatever happened in one of the Sims games.

Edited by Artur

I'm guessing cause the movie would be just really random and boring watching people live their lives. This has got to be one of the most stupidest movie ideas I've seen yet.... 0__0 I have no clue where they are going with this.

Edit: My bad just read what you think the movie is going to be about. I don't really see the essence of Sims in this plot, it's just more a random story about whatever happened in one of the Sims games.

Well there is a storyline, but most people don't pay attention to it.

Cool, this topic is back up.

I would go to the movies to see it, cause I love the Sims, but I still think it's gonna suck. The game is about life, if you want life, look around you. Not at a movie, movies don't simulate life (As The Sims does) it's a thought of fiction that gets turned into a blockbuster. Is Scarface real? Could it happen? Do you get what I mean.

The Sims makes us play god, inside a computer game, not a movie.

I would go to the movies to see it, cause I love the Sims, but I still think it's gonna suck. The game is about life, if you want life, look around you. Not at a movie, movies don't simulate life (As The Sims does) it's a thought of fiction that gets turned into a blockbuster. Is Scarface real? Could it happen? Do you get what I mean.

Actually, the makers of Scarface had to convince the MPAA or whatever that the events in Scarface are sorta based off of actual events that happened in 80s Miami.

On topic, this movie will suck.

Has anyone been reading my post??? There IS a storyline.

Yes, there is a storyline, yet then it wouldn't be The Sims Movie. It would be Bella's story. See where I'm coming from?

Who said it would just be about Bella??? I just gave that as an example. So I don't see where you're coming from.

The point is, there is not a main family in The Sims, there isn't a main chain of events you HAVE to do. The Sims is so open-ended that making a game based on it wouldn't actually be much of a game based on it.... It seems more-so like an attempt to rake in money. You could even do a GTA movie and it would make sense, because to progress there are certain things you have to do that don't involve eating enough and making sure you sleep.

Yes, there is a storyline, yet then it wouldn't be The Sims Movie. It would be Bella's story. See where I'm coming from?

Who said it would just be about Bella??? I just gave that as an example. So I don't see where you're coming from.

The point is, there is not a main family in The Sims, there isn't a main chain of events you HAVE to do. The Sims is so open-ended that making a game based on it wouldn't actually be much of a game based on it.... It seems more-so like an attempt to rake in money. You could even do a GTA movie and it would make sense, because to progress there are certain things you have to do that don't involve eating enough and making sure you sleep.

Don't you mean movie? cos it's already a game, dude... :P ... I'll stfu now

But yeah, it'd be just like filming random people going about their lives, It'd be cheaper for them to give me a few mil, and a camera and i'l film whatever i do, do we have a deal?

But no filming of happy time, the GF probably wouldn't be too happy if they got that on film... ^_^

i don't mean to argue with you jace, but we gotta admit it is the best selling game

what about the story? about everyday people? that sucks man, 20th century fox must think of something!

god! why are they never make a movie about GTA???

WHYYYY??? :weird:

They Did make a movie called Grand Theft Auto but in 1978. I agree it must suck cause the game has no goal.

The main family in the Sims is the Goth Family. There is a "main chain of events" in the console games, which will be what they'll most likely base the movie off of. The game play of the Sims video game is open ended, but making a movie from the storyline that is there wouldn't be. Every movie is an attempt to "rake in money". Just because in the Sims video game you have to make sure you eat, sleep, go to work, etc. doesn't mean that that's what the movie will be based off of. All they said was that they're making a Sims movie...when the hell did they say they're basing it off of the game play??? You're just assuming that.

I'm not assuming anything about the movie except that the idea is fucking whack. It is just really odd, and IMO the main reason they'd say it was based on The Sims was for the sake of money. I understand there is a "main family", but what I meant was a main character or characters that you HAD to play as through the game. And I understand the family has a story and a plot behind them, but it's rather retarded and unrealistic.... Not in the sense that most movies are, but in the sense that it's just outrageous.

And by 'rake-in money', I mean it isn't a movie with a meaning to it, it doesn't give us a life lesson, it isn't even really just for the sake of making a movie. It's just for the sake of making money.

Fake, cartoony-world, odd-ball events styled Sims converted to real life people playing in a real movie just doesn't seem like it would work. At all.