Backward Compatibility Issues

Urbanoutlaw

I haven't seen a thread on this so I thought I start one.

The only reason I even got the 360 is for Saint's Row, a 360 exclusive. then found out about them not able to play older

X-box games. I should have expected that from the makers of the single most devastating computer virus ever inflicted

on the world as a whole, the Windows Operating System.

Have come across patches to play older games, but a direct internet connection just isn't practicle.

Now I'm hearing about similar issues w/ the PS/3 & want to find out more before I spend $$$ for one.

There is a list Backward Compatible [xbox.com] games for the original Xbox which work on the Xbox 360. However, you do need to have it connected to the Internet to download the update for them.

For the PS3 it depends where you live, the North American consoles are better are playing older games. As far as I'm aware there isn't actually a list of games, however you can search backward compatible games here.

If you live in Europe you can simply look on this list to view the games which are compatible.

And I'm not sure, but I believe you also need to have your PS3 hooked up to the internet to download the required firmware.

For both consoles, it may be possible to download the updates on your computer, burn to a DVD, and then put in your PS3/360. However I'm not sure if this is possible or not but it might be something you could look into if you want to.

For both consoles, it may be possible to download the updates on your computer, burn to a DVD, and then put in your PS3/360. However I'm not sure if this is possible or not but it might be something you could look into if you want to.

Or possibly a memory stick? You can download your firmware updates for PSP and run them off of your MS.