AutoPlay

MrLlamaLlama

Tried that, asks me what i want to do if certain types of files are on the disc. I just want the fuckin' game to autoplay when i put the disc in, to save me goin into my comp, starting it up, then having to alt+tab out of the game to close my computer, and have the game crash on me. Grrrr. <_<

I've heard of a trick from a TV show that can bring back your Autoplay; it's a registry hack, but I don't remember how to do that... <_< Try Googling it...

Okay i found thses from a PC froum, i will post them here for you reference, and to assist others, though neither method worked for me personally.

1. Go to Start --> Run

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes

3. In the left pane, click on User Configuration

4. In the right pane, double-click Administrative Templates --> System

5. You will see a value near the bottom called "Turn off Autoplay." Right click and choose properties

6. Hit the radio button called "Disabled" and then apply.

---OR---

1. Go to Start --> Run

2. Type "regedit" without the quotes

3. In the left pane, click on the plus sign on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SYSTEM --> CurrentControlSet --> Services

4. Click on the folder called Cdrom

5. In the right pane there will be a value called Autorun second from the top. Right click on it and go to Modify

6. In the text box called Value Data, enter 1 and hit okay.

7. Close regedit

Thanks to MckenasCole2 at PCmag.com :coolthumbup:

Then i downloaded this:

AutoPlay Repair Program @ Microsoft

Which didn't seem to work either. I will reboot the PC and let you all know what happened.

*BOOM*

Edit, still doesn't work post-reboot.

There was also this:

Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services/Shell Hardware Detection/Return this service to Automatic.

But mine was already at auto, so didn't work.

Edited by MrLlamaLlama