New GTA

InGn0

My frend and I want to make a GTA game. Submit it to Rockstar and all that fun stuff. the idea is to have Liberty City, Vice City, London, Miami and San Andreas. Yes when i first heard his idea i thought impossible. :mellow: Who here whould want that game?

Grand Theft Auto: World

I think you're in the wrong forum, and sorry but I wouldn't think the game wouldn't work and it'll just be way too big and more maps doesn't make a game better sometimes...

Btw, Vice City IS based on Miami

EDIT: Oh and I don't think R* will accept a copy of their games, like really.

Edited by NotYouHaha

My frend and I want to make a GTA game. Submit it to Rockstar and all that fun stuff. the idea is to have Liberty City, Vice City, London, Miami and San Andreas. Yes when i first heard his idea i thought impossible. :mellow: Who here whould want that game?

Grand Theft Auto: World

You got the wrong idea. It'll be so much harder than you think. Can either of you code? That's a good start, and you'll need to be able to map, model, blahblahblah and all that jazz. Though not to discourage you. Plus this is in the wrong forum.

*temptation to make harsh joke*

So yeah. Have fun studying for school, cos if you wanna finish this in your lifetime with just the two of you, then you probably won't have time.

I doubt if you ever do finish the game (Probally not) R* probally wont take it. BTW, This sounds like a bad I dea and it wont turn out good. Just wont be fun cause its too big of a map.

edit: What did your friend say back to you?

Just probably.... eh?

They would laught their corporate ass off at you, then get very annoyed because you have created a game using their game engine.

Oh dear, please don't play that one. It makes you sound 10 years old.

Incorporating the old cities into SA is certainly not a new idea, it has been attempted dozens of times before, and suggested hundreds of times. If you want to make a new game, make a new game. You need an original idea for a start, then you need to work it into an interesting storyline, and then you need the skills, time and money to actually make it.

Most people make mods for GTA, a game is something totally different.

The best way to learn how to make games like these is by watching some of there personal interviews (If they have it). Also, you need alot, I mean ALOT of Knowledge about Computer Games Design. It's really hard to become one or learn how to become one. You also need to be smart enough to use a computer and their programs.

It's best if you learn now, or it's gonna be hard achieving that dream.

let me tell you this, if you finish that game, submit it to R* and accepted, i'll be the first one to congratulate you, and i'll buy 1000 copies of your game(how am i gonna do that, really??)

now i'm challenging you guys, some people try to make you guys give up, but it's not me, finish that game, even if it's not finished, you'll still be proud, cause that is the meaning of keep trying, if you never tried, you don't know how it feels to be fail or success

Exactly. Don't talk, get working! If you are going to do it then get a move on. I mean if you're not going to, then whats the point of us guys supporting you? Whats the point of this topic then? Just to raise your post count? I think so. If you guys are currently making it, you're gonna need a big group to help out, you'll be needing BETA Testers, Scripters, mission coders, A Graphics group etc. Which is really hard to get.

If you really want to make a game up, best to learn how to use programs such as Z Brush and 3DS Max, they cost alot, but if you really want to learn it, best to purchase a legal copy. I'm right now currently researching all about Games Design, and by looking at grades you get, it's alot tougher than you think.

So here's what I'm trying to say, Scrap this, and later on in life, learn some stuff about Games Design, and you'll see how hard it's going to be, especially with the tools already on the main website. It takes alot of time to get use to stuff like this unless you've used this at a young age.

lol takes serious study papers ( DIPLOMAS ) to design i game like SA etc etc.

but yeah u can always Start modeling characters, then go to cars, then go to changing buildings, then moving buildings on map, then making your own street, then wiping the whole map and make your own city, then do your mission scripting.

i once had a dream of making my own street ( the island where i live ) i started modding but i could gotten the buildings in game cuz i never knew how to texture them etc etc. still trying to find out.

hey if i get the point maybe we can start a small island project.

what you think about it ?