importing videos

MeL

No i cant run it at all thats what my problem is.

ok i think this is the problem because i saw that all of the clips where 2kb and i found this on the fraps help page.

My movie is only 2kb and won’t play. What’s wrong?

When the movie capture hasn't worked it's usually because the game is running in 8-bit (256 color) mode. The game has to be running in 16-bit or 32-bit for movies to work. If you still have trouble, try waiting until the game has begun before starting the capture. Sometimes starting recording during the intro/movies can cause problems if the codec used in the film is not recognised by Fraps.

i have waited till the game started and changed it to 32-bit but it still comes up as corrupted. Is there a certain one i need to change it to?? Im using the fraps 1.9d.

Edited by MeL

Try to check if you have a registered version, I don't think that'll make a difference but giving it a try is somewhat essential. Otherwise try to post it as an attachment in this topic, I'll try to check it.

Or probably, re-installing Fraps/upgrading/fresh installation will surely help.

yea i dont think i have the registered version but ill try those others.

and when i use the 2.9.2 version i freze. Where can i get a registerd version?

ok i uninstalled the fraps and reinstaled it and still nothing now im going to try use a new version besides 1.9d

Edited by MeL

Ok i have the newest version (thanks to stormlexer) and when i press F9 to record i freze and a message comes up saying unhandeled exceptions or something like that. Man this seems like problem after problem... im like going nuts here anything u think might help post! Does it matter between the new version of fraps or an old one? Does RAM matter cause i think mine is really low its like 254 or somethin

Edited by MeL

254 or somethin

Yeah, its 256 Mb btw.

Well, thats really low for playing such games. If I remember correctly, 256Mb was the least ram requirement for VC. And running Fraps,i.e, a recording software along with the game can surely mess things up. If you can, try upgrading your PC a bit.

Reply.

i dont know theres a fraps dll in my folder but ill try the full size.

ok i tryed full size still nothing does it matter if i use 1.9d instead cause when i use the newer version i freze and with 1.9d a message pops up that says C:\Fraps\gta-vc 2007-09-23 21-36-22-03.avi could not be imported. The selected file is not valid or is corrupted

Edited by MeL