graphic cards

Mike356

Can anyone tell me a good graphics card thats inexpensive and can run the Sims 2 good

Actually, they have similar requirements with GTA: San Andreas, requiring 256MB RAM to run, except that you only need a 32MB video card to play the game. I know of 128MB video cards for only about 5000 PHP, or about a hundred bucks that you can use, maybe from ATI or NVIDIA can do...

What's your budget?

8500 GT 512mb just costs 75 EUR and should be able to run Sims 2 on max with a high frame-rate.

For 40 EUR you can get a 8400 GS 256 MB. It isn't powerfull but enough to run a game like Sims2 smooth with good settings. Don't expect it to be able to play DX10 games on high, but medium-low should run fine I think.

But first quote me a budget.

Then I'd go for the 8500 GT 512mb.

Either go for the one of XFX or Club3d. The one of Club3d has a passive cooling so will make no noise at all.

Edit: Ok. So I practically know jack about ATi. But giving it a quick look I think the HD 2600 PRO would be better and it's within your budget. Slightly more then the 8500, but according to the benchmarks I just read it's well worth it.

For both cards you need a PCI-E slot on your mobo.