Fucking hilarious

Ivan

This was taken frm www.psu.com

"Stereotyping abound, as video gaming is blamed for yet another unfavourable event."

"The assistant manager for ‘popular’ football (that’s soccer to the yanks out there) team Bolton Wanderers, Chris Evans, made the bizarre claim that England’s national football team lost their recent qualifying match because of video games."

"Most of the English team are in their late 20s and early 30s; hardly the typical age for hardcore video gamers. And hey, if they’re going to stereotypically blame video games, how about blaming the stereotype of the “play boy” life style these professional divers lead?"

"On the bright side, the fair streets of England will be amiss of drunken football louts this summer. Or would that be a stereotype? "

"Stay tuned."

What do you think of this?

I actually do believe their are about 10 factors or more to why England didn't qualify, and video games will probably be one of them but not a main one.

Heres a couple -

Media Hype

Too Much Expectation

Poor Manager

No Incentive for players

No one challenging players - this leads to whole lot more and one reason is that football pundits believe is that kids would rather watch tv or play games than play football outside meaning that less and less english footballers develop into world class players.

Theres a couple I am not saying solely video games played a part in Englands failure to qualify for Euro 2008. But it did a bit about 0.5 % I would say. Theres not much of a problem now but in 10 years time there will be a huge problem when there is a huge lack of quality players.

I know Steve McLaren personally, and as soon as you meet him you know he's an awesome guy who cares so much for his team and his family - and the team all think he's great too. He's had a tough year-and-a-half with England, through 18 injury-riddled matches and nothing really important (until now).

He obviously made some mistakes in team selection, training and/or preparation for the Croatia match, and if different decisions has been made we may have been able to win and get through - but without making excuses, you can't lay the blame entirely at the manager's feet. On the pitch only the players count, and if they're injured, depressed, unfit, pissed off or can't play in mud, you're gonna have trouble no matter what you do.

It is right that he should go, as we won't be entering another tournament for 3 years, and you can't have McLaren holding the position awkwardly until then, especially with doubts about his quality. McLaren was picked on popularity and personality, rather than outright football management skill. At Middlesbrough he pushed the team quite far, but they never hit the top. England expects someone who is an exceptional coach, and will not accept anything less.

I know Steve McLaren personally, and as soon as you meet him you know he's an awesome guy who cares so much for his team and his family - and the team all think he's great too. He's had a tough year-and-a-half with England, through 18 injury-riddled matches and nothing really important (until now).

He obviously made some mistakes in team selection, training and/or preparation for the Croatia match, and if different decisions has been made we may have been able to win and get through - but without making excuses, you can't lay the blame entirely at the manager's feet. On the pitch only the players count, and if they're injured, depressed, unfit, pissed off or can't play in mud, you're gonna have trouble no matter what you do.

It is right that he should go, as we won't be entering another tournament for 3 years, and you can't have McLaren holding the position awkwardly until then, especially with doubts about his quality. McLaren was picked on popularity and personality, rather than outright football management skill. At Middlesbrough he pushed the team quite far, but they never hit the top. England expects someone who is an exceptional coach, and will not accept anything less.

I dont really balem Steve Mclaren that much, a bit but I blame the players the most who didn't even look bothered when they were playing against Croatia. He picked Gerrard and Lamaprd which dont work.

Though no matter how much a manager does he can never control his players on the pitch. As soon as Mclaren had the really good string of victories he was the saviour for English football but when he lost to Russia he was deemed not good enough.

If anything the FA are to blame for everything.